~9|𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫~

❦︎

She took a deep breathe in order to calm her racing heart. She didn't know how will the things go, how will he behave and how is she going to live her life.

Her thoughts were interrupted with the opening of the room's door. She finally looked up to see his face only to get disappointed as her veil did not allow her a clear view of his face. 

Bali came towards the bed, sat down at the edge and cleared his throat, "Uhm... I- Ah... You don't have to cover your face with the veil."  

She looked at him perplexed. According to all the things she heard from her friends, he was supposed to lift her veil.  Out of curiosity and childishness, she herself lifted the veil and asked him, "Weren't you supposed to do that?"

He immediately averted his gaze and chuckled. Charumati suddenly realised what was she doing and looked down, "S-Sorry!" She muttered.

"No its um alright!" He said, still not looking at her.

"You're beautiful!" He whispered.

She peeped up only to find him looking somewhere else.  "But you didn't even look at me..."

"I don't have to look at you to know that you're beautiful. Your nature says it all..."

"But you've known me for so less time. How could you already know what my nature is?"

He chuckled. "You're like an open book, Charumati ji. It's not hard to understand you ."

"O-Okay... But why are you not looking at me?" She asked, continuously looking at his side profile.

"I do want to look at you, if you permit me..." He said slowly.

His words made her wonder if any of the things she heard about what would happen after marriage was the truth. How can someone be this polite? Is he even real? She wondered. 

"Of course you can!" He looked up almost as soon as he heard her and took a deep breath to soak in the heavenly woman he saw in front of him.

No, she was not completely fair like her mother. She had a light brown complexion, as if she indicates the union of her parents. Her features were not sharp but still perfect. And the lamps in the room made her skin glow with a golden hue. 

A small smile made its way on his lips as he locked his eyes with her. Suddenly, Charumati felt shy and averted her gaze. His smile broadened a bit as he sensed her shyness. 

"You must be tired. Let's sleep." He said not wanted her to get uncomfortable.

"B-But I heard..." She trailed off.

"Heard what?" He teased, very well knowing what she meant.

"No-Nothing. Yes I am tired. Let's sleep." She spoke hurriedly and laid down on the edge of the bed.

Bali chuckled and shook his head. He too laid on the bed, beside her maintaining a distance in order to not make her uncomfortable. The couple soon drifted off in a sound sleep due to all the tiredness from the past few days.

*****

A few days passed by, the couple began to open up to each other slowly. They started to talk more, sharing their likes and dislikes, the things that make them comfortable or uncomfortable etc. 

After coming from her parent's home, after meeting her family, Charumati just came back to the Haveli, she entered inside. No it was not as big as the palace she used to live in, but it was huge. 

Charumati went towards the kitchen and saw her mother-in-law with her sister-in-law preparing the lunch. She too joined them. After some time, when the other ladies left while Charumati began to pack up as well. 

"Bhoo!" She shrieked at the sudden presence of someone.

She looked behind her and found Bali standing there, suppressing his laugh. She huffed and looked away.

"Aap iss samay yaha kaise aaye?" She asked.

"Aaj baba ne kaha ki hum ghar jaa kar khana khayenge, bass is hi wajah se..."

She hummed and continued her work. Bali leaned on the doorway as he saw her collecting the vegetable waste and keeping it aside. He walked towards her and started to help her. 

"Y-yeh aap... You don't have to do this. I will do it."

"Its not and issue Charumati ji, when we live together, we can do tasks together as well..." He said, melting her heart.

They will be together. Always.

She smiled at the thought and continued her work, glancing at him occasionally. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiii Galaxians!! *Hearts*
Hope you liked the chapter!
Please vote and share your views!!
Add the book to your library if you haven't already, to get the regular updates of the book.

Instagram account : GalaxyUnknown07

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘠𝘰𝘶
~𝘎𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘹𝘺𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯07❤︎

❦︎