WEEK TWO

8TH JANUARY

NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE

The easiest thing to do is mostly the negatives. It's easy to lazy about, give up, waste time, tell lies, etc. How does it feel to climb a staircase? And how does it feel to descend it? It's difficult to do positive things because, first of all you need to make up your mind, then you need determination, you would also need strength and lastly the ability to do it. Building your life would require a lot from you but doing nothing requires nothing at all. In the end, it's your life not ours.

9TH JANUARY

A GOD BEHIND THE SCENES

He works behind the scenes. What are the roles of a director? A lot, but are they seen in their works? No. Sometimes they are even lost to their audience, they work so hard to get the acts into perfection and yet the praise always goes to the actors. God works behind the scenes as well, the things we acknowledge him for are the least he does. We sometimes forget him too, and only remember him when things go wrong. Actors are perfect when a director plays his role well, we are perfect only because God is working behind the scenes.

10TH JANUARY

BE THE SOLUTION

It's funny how sometimes the solutions you formulate solve other people's problems but not yours. How many times have you explained an assignment to a friend and wondered how you came about it? I'm sure you had no idea you even understood the work. It's always easy to help others than yourself. Sometimes as you help others solve their problems you find a solution to yours. We did come into this world as individuals but extending a helping hand to someone is also necessary.

11TH JANUARY

EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE

Where you want God to be. When you fix a CCTV camera in front of your house, don't expect to view scenes that go on behind the house. We've been given the right to make our own choices hence we should face the consequences. God acts only when you ask him to hence the saying; if there is a man to pray, there is a God to answer. If you ask God to take care of just your academics, he would but what happens to your finances? Or happiness? Or growth? If you exclude God from any aspect of your life, then you are on your own but if He's included; then you have nothing to worry about.

12TH JANUARY

FAITH

Faith. It is easy to have faith but difficult to hold on to it. You need faith to be able to hope for something and you need to hold on to it till you receive what you hoped for. When faith meets doubt, things normally don't work out because faith is like a thread and doubt is some scissors. The moment you doubt something, your faith weakens and dies out. Have faith; it would work, don't think too much about it or you would end up doubting.

13th JANUARY

FORGIVEN

I've forgiven you. It's one of the easiest things to say but we never mean it when we say it. How long can you hold on to fire? not more than a minute and yet we hold onto grudges for years. The truth is when you are angry at someone, you suffer, not the person. Learn to forgive and move on.

14TH JANUARY

LIGHT

Light in darkness. It's quite difficult to see in the dark for the very first few minutes but your eyes adjust after a while. Light always overpowers darkness. If you ever get trapped in a hole and you get surrounded by predators; you are at least safe till they get in. Now imagine if someone comes to your aid; first, the person gets rid of the predators and then helps you out of the hole; that's what light does in darkness. No matter how deep you are in the dark, light can always find you and save you.