❇ ˙ ๋࣭ ·Prologue· ๋࣭ ˙ ❇

    It wasn't supposed to end up like this, you dying on the ground out in the middle of nowhere. This wasn't supposed to happen yet it did. You were sent out on a supposedly low threat recovery mission simultaneously with Megumi being sent on a similar mission. Your goal was to recover two of Sukuna's fingers with Megumi being sent to a high school to reclaim it while you were sent to a cemetery right outside of Tokyo and it was surrounded by a wooded thicket. Both places had a collection of curses but nothing should become higher than a grade four right?

Wrong,

dead wrong

A mistake that could, and would, cost you dearly.

~Outside the cemetery gates~

    "This blindfolded idiot better have given me the right address" You grumbled, typing on your flip phone to Megumi, ensuring he had reached the high school yesterday without a hitch. He had immediately begun to search for the cursed object and found where it should have been relatively easily whereas you had decided to ask around and see if a particular part of the graveyard had a bad reputation. You would normally search without asking around but with a cemetery of this size you decided to save yourself days of manual searching. You had found that the center of the cemetery was widely regarded as 'a terrifying place' or 'foggy and creepy' and 'hell escaping onto earth', all signs that the finger of Sukuna and its failing talisman were drawing curses into the center, right where you would soon be heading.

Fun, right?

    You and Megumi weren't technically first years at Jujutsu high but the school year would start soon enough and Gojo had trusted you with these tasks, so the pair of you would have to do the best you could you thought as you flipped your phone around in your hands for a bit, sitting on the wall of the cemetery, waiting on Megumi to respond to your texts asking if he had ever located the or if he had a clue as to where it is. A small buzz from your phone quickly drew your attention back to the phone and you flipped it open and saw his messages displayed brightly on the screen

~Smaller version the man I h8: "Megumiiiiiiiii"

~Smaller version of the man I h8: "Megs"
~Smaller version of the man I h8: "Meg-a-saurus rex"

~Smaller version of the man I h8: "Megatron"

'Not an emo: "what"

~Smaller version of the man I h8: "Hi"
~Smaller version of the man I h8: ":3"

'Not an emo: "-_-"

~Smaller version of the man I h8: "Anywaysssss"

~Smaller version of the man I h8: "Did you ever find that missing finger??"

~Smaller version of the man I h8: "I'm about to head into the cemetery so I'll message you when I can after I finish my mission"

'Not an emo: "Yes I found a trace of the finger from this freakishly strong kid"

'Not an emo: "I'm following the trace cursed energy into the hospital where the kid ran, I'll text you once I recover the finger and finish my mission"

    Flipping your phone closed you slid off of the stone wall that outline the cemetery, the trees that lined the graveyard almost felt like they were reaching out to you with gnarled and greedily fingers and the fog that clung to the ground stirred up around your boots in soft tendrils as you pushed open the rusted metal gates, their impressively large and imposing figures making a shrill, piercing wail in protest after years of being unused and thus you were off, following the trails and paths that would lead you to a small shrine with a box where the finger would hopefully be located.

    Taking a break you paused next to a grave marked with an angel that was weeping into their hands with vines and moss crawling up their figure and hanging from their wings. You cast an apprehensive glance at the grave marker and closed your eyes, sensing any cursed energy in the area to make sure you were on the right track, a small trail was illuminated and your footfalls made soft thuds as you traipsed away. You cast the angel marker behind you a soft glace, nodding your head in a silent thanks to it for dutifully watching over the cemetery for who knows how long until it became a distant figure behind you as your feet carried you to the center of the graveyard.

    The center of the graveyard seemed like something out of an eerie movie, all of the fog swirled into the center and twisted together and crept up the legs of the small shrine steps to the little box. It was the perfect setting for a photograph you thought and quickly snapped a photo to show Megumi and Gojo when you got back to the school. Tucking the phone into a pocket on the inside of your jujutsu uniform jacket you brought your arms in front of you and cracked your fingers and began to hop foot to foot, hyping yourself up to open the creepy box. "Alright Y/n here we go" You said, voice echoing in the quiet graveyard as your fingers grasped the little knobs on the boxes doors and swung them open.

Only to reveal that the damned cursed item wasn't in it.

    You quickly looked inside of the box and waved the fog away from beneath it to no avail in finding the thing. You even climb atop the rickety thing and looked around to the surrounding area hoping to see the small box but it was a fruitless attempt and you hopped to the ground and called Gojo to let him know but he was busy buying Kikufuku and said he would go aide Megumi and hung up on you. The second he said Megumi needed help you knew something had gone wrong and a few seconds later you felt an overwhelming flash of cursed energy. A brief image of a man sitting on a throne of bones flashed in your mind. Sukuna. You had no idea how but her had awakened and now the finger that was missing from the shrine in front of you had become an even bigger liability than before and your muscles tensed in fear.

    Sticking your phone back into the inner hidden pocket you huffed before sticking your head back into the box and looking once more in a worried fashion before drawing your head out of the shrine and thinking. The calm didn't last for very long as you felt a slight fear inducing presence to your right and your eyes slid over to look at it. It was a semi humanoid frog curse and couldn't be more than a grade four, maybe a semi grade three. It didn't worry you but what really made your heart twist was the gnarled finger that the curse dangled above its grotesque, frog-like head.

    It took your body five seconds to respond to the curse. It took the curse two seconds to drop the finger into its mouth and another second to swallow the special grade object, The grade four curse immediately became a high second grade, maybe even a semi first grade, then in another second its pudgy hand connected with the side of your stomach and sent you flying.

     As the sun rose and your body connected with the ground fifty yards away your dazed mind pieced together a haunting thought, You had been a second too late to respond and that second was going to cost you,

a/n-1263 words and I'm not feeling super poggers chat ngl. I had to beat writers block to get this chap out 💪😔