Ch 10 The Seventh Gem

Alias' POV:

I flew to a hillside, where I pulled out my gemstones and began talking to them again.

"Yeah, I missed Mr. Watts," I said to them, "he's really nice; you'd like him."

"Oh, you're such a weirdo."

I turned to see my friend standing behind me.

"Hey, Kivuli, what are you doing here?"

"Just talking to my crazy friend. You know those are rocks, right?" Kivuli mocked.

"They are gemstones, little girls!"

"Which are just shiny rocks!" Kivuli got in my face and flicked my cheek.

"Oh, I can't stand you kids these days with your shortcuts and undervaluing things as they are. I swear you're too spoiled." I flicked Kivuli's forehead in retaliation.

"You know full well I'm not a part of 'these days.' But I agree with you; kids are really spoiled; maybe they should suffer to know what to value."

"Oh, stop that."

"Stop what? It's what you want, isn't it?"

"No, well, I mean, yes, I mean," I lowered my head and looked at my gem friends. "You know that I always had value, even before my suffering. No one should know what that's like, at least not...well, you know."

"I know, I know all too well." Kivuli sat down next to me and rested her head on my shoulder. "When you find all of us, what are you going to do next? It's not like you have the greenlight just yet."

"I'm going to give them to their families, of course," I retorted, "Unfortunately, only two remain at large."

"Oh yeah, huh, you haven't found me yet. I must have been blown away pretty far by that missile, huh?" then Kivuli's eyes widened with surprise. "Oh wait, I think Kinjano's trying to tell you something."

I looked back at Kinjano's gemstone, which was blinking radiantly.

"What's wrong, Kinjano?" I asked worriedly. Kinjano blinked a few times. "Oh, this is great! We found number seven; it's the last one after that!"

"I thought I was your first!?" whined Kivuli.

"You were my first, but now you're my last! Come on, we got another friend to find, right Kinjano?" Kinjano's blinking slowed. "Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!" I looked back at Kivuli and smiled. "I'll see you soon, I promise." I raised my hand, Kivuli turned back into my aura, and I absorbed her. Then I flew off.

Ruby's POV:

We were heading towards an island with abnormal dust readings from the sensors. My team, JNPR, Oscar, Penny, and the Ace Ops were on a mission to gather more dust again. Elm and Vine were relaxing while Harriet piloted the airship. Marrow was polishing and maintaining his weapon. We were on another excavating mission from Ironwood after how the last one turned out. There's a chance another gemstone is there, and that means I might run into the mutant guy again. I need answers from this guy; I need to know more about my mother.

"Hey Ruby, you ok?" Yang asked. "You've been quiet this whole time. Are you worried about something?"

"Oh no, I'm fine," I muttered.

"Are you thinking about the mutant again?"

I flinched. "Yeah, kinda, i think we might run into him again while we're here. I don't know what's gonna happen."