Ch 11.5 Arresting Development

Ruby's POV:

We had just returned from the mission, and we all felt tired. We managed to get the dust we needed. Still, Alias messed with the airships and once again showed himself to be a dangerous entity. Jaune took us all to Saffron's house, and the Ace Ops remained at the base, plotting their next move.

We exhaustedly plopped on the furniture when we got to Saffron's house. Luckily, there were cookies out for us to enjoy.

"So, how'd it go?" Saffron asked us.

"Ugh, it was so tiring," whined Nora, "first we got there, then the island blew up, we kept digging, and then we came back. We're huntsmen, not miners!"

"Yeah," Yang groaned, sitting on a chair, "I could use a break today. Is there any food?"

"I smell cookies!" I squealed.

"Oh yeah, we had cookies for a guest earlier." Saffron brought out the cookie plate and set it on the table. "In fact, he said he was a friend of yours."

"A friend?" asked Blake, "he wasn't a blonde monkey faunus, was he?"

"Oh no, he wasn't a faunus at all."

"Yeah, besides Sun's back in Vacuo with his team, why would he be here in Argus?" noted Yang.

"Was it someone from teak FNKI?"

"Oh no, I don't think he was any kind of huntsman." Saffron sat down and held Adrian in her arms until Nora abducted him.

"So who was he?" I asked.

"He said his name was Alias," said Terra.

We all froze and looked at her in disbelief. I felt a chill run up my spine at the thought of Alias being here.

"Alias!?" exclaimed Yang, "he was here!?"

"Are you okay?!" Jaune panicked, "did he hurt you? If I find out he did something to you, I will-"

"Jaune, it's okay," Saffron said, holding his hand. "We're all fine; he did give us a bit of a scare but didn't do anything to harm us."

"But what happened then?"

"He saved Adrian from being hit by a car, and I invited him inside."

"Did he do that, baby?" Nora asked, tickling Adrian's foot.

Adrian giggled and started flying his plane.

"Why would he save Adrian?" asked Ren. "isn't Alias supposed to be a bad guy? He's a mutant and has a possible link to the ones on the news."

"He's not a bad guy," argued Saffron, "he's just misunderstood. If he really was bad, he would've just let Adrian get hit and die. Instead, he saved him of his own choice."

"But he's been causing all kinds of problems in the town!" I remarked, "The restaurant, that rampage, not to mention he nearly leveled all of Atlas!"

"Well, we know he isn't evil!"

"How do you know!?"

"Because we saw the truth-" Terra elbowed Saffron, "the truth...in his eyes. Based on how he acted, I could tell he wasn't evil. I mean, he did get angry at one point, and we also accused him of being a criminal, but that was an error on our part."

"You did?" Weiss asked, "What did he do when you accused him?"

"I may have hit him with a broom," Saffron pulled her broken broom on the shaft. "And then he took Adrian hostage."

RWBY: Meta-Staticजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें