Chapter Seventeen

"You guys should just let me come with you," I say to them. Hoodie crosses his arms and looks at me.

"And why should we?" Masky asks coldly, his arms crossing as he well.

I shrug, "Why can't I? Are you guys going on a... Hunt?" I ask slowly, my voice trailing off. I don't like the fact that they hunt humans like a sport.

"No, we're going to the factory," Masky says like he's bored. Hoodie makes an impatient movement and Masky sighs. "I guess you can come with us."

I grin happily and follow them outside. Jeff isn't nearby and Ben doesn't look up as we walk past. When we get outside, the snow crunches under our feet. I shiver as we make our way to the car. The car was the same one we traveled in before.

The memory of traveling in it last time sent a shiver down my spine, especially at how close Masky tucked me into his side back then.

I slip into the backseat, shivering quietly. Masky and Hoodie mutter quietly, too quietly for my human ears to pick up on. The drive was bumpy as we drove down the gravel road. When we hit the street of the town, a memory sprung into my chest.

It was back when Teddy lived with Dad and me when I was in middle school. Teddy was told to walk me to and from school. But this one day, he didn't. It was around Halloween and Teddy told Dad that he didn't have time to walk me home. 

I remember waiting in the rain on Halloween, lightning lit up the sky. I stood out in the streets till it was dark and I decided to go walk home. I remember passing the cemetery and seeing Teddy. I headed over to him and his friends.

Teddy was drunk, I could tell by how he slurred at me angrily and when I came over. I remember the day words he said like it was yesterday.

"Ugh! I can't do anything without having to take care of you. I hate you, Y/N! My mom killed herself when I was 4, because of you!" Teddy spat and threw a beer bottle at me. I yelped as it hit my cheek and I hit the ground, falling into the mud.

Teddy stood over me as he yelled, "Your mom seduced Dad, and when your mom got pregnant, she threw that at my mom. Dad always wanted a girl and he got you. It ruined my life, you ruined my life." Teddy stepped closer as rain poured on us.

"I hate you, Y/N!" Teddy snarls, for a second, his brown eyes flash a vibrant red. His dark hair is plastered to his forehead as he towers over me. "Go home. Nobody wants you."

I sniffle and get up. I run out of the cemetery and head home. Dad never found out about it, never asked about the bruise on my cheek.

I shook myself out of the memory as we pulled up to the factory. I blink confused, I feel a tingle of fear go down my spine. "Why are we here?" I ask nervously as I get out.

Surprisingly, it was Hoodie who answered. "Slendy felt a presence here. We were asked to check it out. But you'll be the bait."

My mouth drops open in shock, "What?"

"You're the bait," Masky deadpans as he yanks open the factory doors.

I back up, "I'm not going in there." I say firmly, as I try to get back in the car.

Arms wrap around my waist and I'm yanked back. I yelp and start to kick. Masky holds the door open and Hoodie throws me into the darkness. I hit the floor and I yelp again. I get up and the door is slammed closed.

I'm alone in this infinite darkness. Pricks of fear, dance all over my body as I whimper in fear. I make my way to the machinery room. The main part of the factory has snow on the floor where it fell through the open skyline.