Chapter Twenty

Masky digs in the trunk of the rusty car and pulls out a flashlight. I rub my arms in the cold as they open the doors to the factory.

"Do you know if we're alone?" I ask nervously as the Hoodie shuts the doors while Masky fiddles with a nearby door.

"If you think we're not, you should shut up," Masky says as the door he messed with pops open with a cloud of dust.

"What room is this?" I ask as I follow them inside. I get the answer myself as we step in. It's an old med bay. There are some cots scattered around and old equipment is pressed in a corner full of broken pieces.

Masky and Hoodie get to work putting the beds together while I hold the flashlight. I'm doing a poor job because I'm shaking so badly.

Once the beds are put together, they face me.

"Okay, you'll be in the middle," Masky tells me gently. He seemed tired and more relaxed now.

We get in the bed and soon we're all crammed in. I lay in the dark for a while letting my vision get used to it. "I don't like this," I murmur.

"What's the problem now?" Masky huffs from my right.

"It's cold and dark in here," I mumble as I shiver.

Hoodie grunts beside me and pulls me to him. My cheeks blush but I cuddle close. I feel Masky press into me and I feel happy.

I fall asleep easily but I wake up later. There's a gust of wind blowing in here. I open my eyes and scream. A white face is in front of mine. The face has black eyes and lips, it's Masky. I smack him as he laughs.

"I fucking hate you!" I snarl as I smack at him. Hoodie is laughing too as he grabs my wrists.

"Your reaction was priceless," Masky purrs at me.

I scowl and shove them both away. I grab the flashlight and face them. "I'm gonna use the bathroom!" I snap and storm out of the room. I get halfway down the hallway before I pause. I don't know where I'm going.

The factory looks so different without the electricity running through it. I sigh and rub my face. I turn to head back to the med bay but I stop when I see a figure brush down the hallway down from me.

I furrow my brows and follow after it. I click the flashlight off and walk where I see it. My eyes adjust quickly and I see the figure slip into the main factory. As I slip in, I feel myself being grabbed.

The flashlight falls and clicks on. I immediately recognize the bastards. "What the fuck is your guy's problem tonight? Do you want me to have a heart attack?" I ask them with a hell of a lot of attitude.

"Shh!" Hoodie smacks his palm on my mouth as I glare at him. Masky grabs my face and leans in.

Is he gonna kiss me? I think to myself as my eyes widen. Masky leans into my ear as he whispers, "We're gonna sneak out to the loading bay doors. For the love of god, Y/N, please be quiet."

I know something is going on and the seriousness makes me nervous. We all start to walk out the loading bay doors on the other side. Masky and Hoodie were leading and I was holding the flashlight when I was grabbed from behind. The door slams shut and I'm pushed up against it.

I hear Masky and Hoodie yelling as they band on the door. I swallow and turn around. I can't see anything because I dropped the flashlight when I was grabbed. We're in the office, the window is busted open. Cold air and the moonlight are coming in from it as my eyes adjust.