Morally Gray Shades of Happiness

A.N: This is the final instalment to end this...dark and angsty ficlet. I hope you have all enjoyed reading. Please feel free to comment your thoughts. 

"

"...He's so eager to please

Knows the right frequencies

Worships me slowly

Tells me I'm his only

They say he's morally grey

What can I say?

Grey's my favorite color..."

Looking around at all of the twinkling lights laced between the canopy posts of the dining patio. I couldn't help but let a few tears slip from my eyes. Tears that never fell further than my cheek, before Ruki's knuckle swiped them away gently. Looking up at him, I smiled as his hand fell and rested against my swollen belly, where he affectionately rubbed across it. His smile was soft and barely there but it also reached his eyes. Happiness. He was happy.

"Now, why, on the eve of our engagement party, would my little lamb start crying?" He asked me playfully, making me chuckle.

"I can't help it, I'm just so happy. That's all. Here we are now after everything, with this little one growing like a weed in preparation for joining us out here." I explained, pressing my hand against his, both of us chuckling when we felt little boy wriggling around inside my womb, as if pushing into both of our hands.

"And the decorations out here are beautiful! It truly makes it feel like we are in Kyoto. Like we've stepped back in time or something. It's wonderful. And besides, hormones are making me crazy. You know this!" I added, before pulling his hand away from my stomach, so that I could slide my arms around him in a hug.

"Hmm. I know. You're definitely more metronome than woman at the moment, with how much you've been swinging! But! I wouldn't change it, because it just proves that this is real and not a dream." He responded, pulling me into him as closely as he could before my belly got in the way.

"Ugh, God! You're not going to add that to your long list of nicknames for me, are you? 'My little metronome' I can hear it, in your voice, in my head already." I giggled, playfully knocking my head against his chest, in faux despair.

"You know? I wasn't, but now I think I will. I am offended by your lack of enthusiasm for my penchant for giving you cutesy nicknames. So...now you will pay the price, my little metronome." He replied cheekily and I smacked his arm as I started to laugh again.

My lost little lamb, little minx, lil hime, also more recently his little snow globe (because my belly was quite rounded at the moment and he loved snowglobes) and now little Metronome. It seemed that Ruki's love language was calling me literally any kind of cute name besides my actual name. And they always had to be prepended with 'little' purely because I was shorter than him which cracked him up to no end and also because he loved 'his wee little spitfire'. It was frustrating! But not enough for me to ever actually get mad at him. It was just a pain to keep track of all the names he had for me.