❪ 017 ❫. fucking unity day

017. fucking unity day

  fucking unity day

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

KINSLEY CROSSED HER ARMS FROM BESIDE FINN AS SHE HEARD THE MUMBLED VOICE OF JAHA ECHO THROUGH THE CAMP. Unity Day began, and Chancellor Jaha recorded the events of announcing the special occasion, sending it to the ground. Finn and Kinsley glanced at each other half the time, biting back the urge to roll their eyes as they saw everyone gather before the screen, listening intently to the words.

         The Ark was coming down in a few days from now, and Kinsley didn't know how to feel about it just yet. She knew once the Ark came down, the freedom they possessed as juveniles would be banished with the set of laws the council would bring down with them. Despite the arguments and fights that previously happened between the teenagers, they settled their differences. They built an ideal society up to their standards. And Kinsley had the feeling all of that wouldn't be taken into consideration once the first dropship lands.

         Clarke came out from the dropship behind Finn and Kinsley, seeing the scowls plastered on their face. "Don't tell me you don't like Unity Day."

         Kinsley scoffed. Don't like would be an understatement of how the West girl felt about such a special occasion. This day was an event they celebrated for when the Ark came to bewhen all twelve stations banded together as a collective to save the human race. It was a scam, she and Finn believed. Kinsley remained silent, digesting her hatred for the man on the screen, and Finn spoke up. "Unity Day is a lie. The Ark only came together after the thirteenth station was blown out of the sky. That's just not the version of history we like to tell each other at parties."

         "The Unity Day story gives people hope, though," Clarke acknowledged, facing the two friends. "And peace came out of that violence."

         Kinsley added herself to the conversation as she pulled her crossed arms away from her chest, facing the blonde with an incredulous look. "There wasn't any need for violence in the first place," she retorted, walking away before Clarke and Finn could say another word. Finn sighed, following the brunette as she pondered through the crowds. She faltered when she heard Jasper call out, holding a large canister.

         "Woah!" He cheered. "Monty strikes again! I call this batch Unity Juice. Who's thirsty?" As people began to circle Jasper, egging for some of the liquid Monty conjured up, Kinsley stepped back as she didn't want to get lost in the crowd. She examined the many people waiting for their turn to get a drink until her attention was pulled away when she felt someone grip her arm.

         She turned to see Finn's line of sight pointed elsewhere. She faced where he was looking, narrowing her eyes and furrowed her brows when she caught Octavia slipping through the hurdle of individuals and sneaking out through the gate of the camp. Kinsley and Finn gazed at each other knowingly, inspecting their surroundings for any watching eyes and followed after the Blake girl through the woods.