❪ 018 ❫. war is coming

018. war is coming

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

OCTAVIA WAS WAITING FOR THEM AT THE BRIDGE LINCOLN HAD SET UP THE MEETING WHILE KINSLEY AND FINN WERE IN CHARGE OF BRINGING CLARKE. The blonde remained to ask questions the majority of the time, seemingly not having faith amongst the two as they led her towards the arranged meet up. Finn and Kinsley had to tell Clarke before they started going, expressing how Clarke and only Clarke were to show up. Not Bellamy.

As they continued to trek through the woods, Clarke listened to their orders, but Kinsley still kept an eye out to see if any of their people or the Grounders had followed them. By the time they made it to the bridge, meeting again with Octavia, no one seemed to have trialled behind. Clarke slowed her pace at the sight of the Blake girl, switching her gaze between Finn and Kinsley.

"So that's how you set this up." Kinsley clicked her tongue, giving a single nod of the head with a taunting smirk laced on her face. Something was different with Clarke that Kinsley couldn't put her finger on just yet. But with time passing, Kinsley knew it was a matter of time before she figured out what seemed to be so different with the blonde. Clarke pointed her eyes at Octavia. "You helped him escape, didn't you?"

All of them knew Clarke was referring to Lincoln, who seemingly escaped suddenly when everyone was high off the nuts they collected for the incoming winter. Octavia stepped forward, hardening her stare in competition. "I trust him, Clarke."

"There's a lot of that going around," Clarke mumbled, and Kinsley furrowed her brows at the girl's statement. What had she meant by that? The more she thought of how Clarke was reacting to the plan, Bellamy clicked in her head. Unlike Clarke, Bellamy wouldn't have accepted the deal in speaking with the leader, but Clarke did. However, the more questions and distrust played by the girl, the more she acted like Bellamy.

Finn suddenly spoke up, warning them that someone was coming from the other side of the bridge. Kinsley glanced away from Clarke with sceptic eyes, noticing the figure running towards them. Her hand instinctively edged towards the blade hiding in her waistband, yet she pulled away when she only noticed it was Lincoln. Octavia sighed a breath of relief before meeting the Grounder halfway, soaking in each other's arms.

Kinsley couldn't help the slight smile etching on her face as she watched the comforting interaction between the two. Octavia kept her eyes glued on Lincoln as he glanced at the three standing back. Kinsley first didn't notice, but when the Grounder pointed his attention towards them, Finn reached for Clarke's hand, holding it in his own. When Kinsley did notice the interaction, she wasn't able to say anything about the actions before heavy footstepsmore so crashingwere heard from the distance.