Horropedia // His Birthday

Note// I just found out about Horropedia's birthday when I logged in today--- So here's a short writing :))
___

"Yin, what will we watch tonight after this?" Horropedia points out the movie tapes he found in one of the storage boxes.

"Y/N! Can we watch this one again?" :DD

"Hey, you're just time! I heard there's an abandoned amusement park around this place. Shall we check it out together, Boo?" He offers while handing out his hand excitedly once seeing you coming back.

"Want to check out that bookshop over there? I think there can be some books left out that we can take a peek- Ah? Oh, never mind, everything's burned down for some reason..." The brunette says as he picks up a burned book in dismay, which it doesn't waste a second to get blown to smitherings, "No salvation can be done...- Maybe next time then;;;"

...

That's it.

Your man is going to receive a more proper gift for his birthday this time.

There's no way you're going to pass the opportunity.

But what will it be? Mmm...
You find yourself thinking as you're laying on the bed, until you recall the time when you both were watching a  certain movie about a cursed doll slasher...(you know which- lol)

Then, you remember seeing Horropedia's "secret weapon" attack.

Right, the dolls!

How about yassifying them?/ih

You gotta need some more horror movie knowledge about props, though, mmm...

It seems you gotta sneak out for a bit with Vertin's help-

"Y/N, hey! Are you busy tonight?" Your boyfriend asks as he tilts up his glasses with a grin. I'm looking at you as you're both about to start the battle.

"I'm afraid, yes -" you say in small guilt, knowing you’re going to watch horror stuff without him.

"Whaaat- Now that's new horror..." The brunette comments as he sighs a bit sadly, "I'll wait for you once you come back, then!"

"Thank you for understanding." You smile before giving a peck on his cheek.

.
.
.

"Ah- I'm finally back to the suitcase..." You mutter as you enter the room. I'm feeling a bit exhausted after having beef with one of those furry monsters. /ih

"Welcome back!" Horropedia greets, too focused on his firearm to look up but seems happy that you've returned safely from one of Vertin's trips.
In his working space, Horropedia has been doing gun maintenance for a while during his break. He adjusts some of the gears of his firearm using his assembly tools that are now placed on his table. Moments later, he hears a wood thud, sensing someone place an object in front of hum.

His eyes look up lightly to notice a box wrapped in a silky bow before raising his brow a bit by the sight.

"Oh? What is this?" The brunette snickers once, noticing that you were the one placing the gift box on top of his desk, looking up from his gun.

"A birthday gift." You simply answer with a smile as he pulls out a chair for you to sit beside him, "Happy birthday to you~🎵"

"Oh no;;" Horropedia says once he realizes what you're going to do. Slowly lowering his gun for a moment.

"Happy birthday to youuuu~" You lean closer as keep singing, starting to  attack him with kisses all over his face.

"Noooooooo~" The other fake whines as he laughs by the ticklish feeling, having his arms wrapped around you as yours are around his neck lightly.

"Happy birthday, dear Joshua~🎵" You continue before giving him more kisses, "Happy Birthday to you," ," <33

"Ahhhh, yeah, Happy birthday to me,,, 🤣🫠" Horropedia laughs more while cheering lightly.

Feeling as if he's melting by the kisses and hugs you're giving him, he lets his hands rest on your hips as you're now sitting on his lap. Resting his face on your shoulder in slight bliss as to catching a breath... Before remembering about the gift box-

"Oh wait - what did you bring me?" The horror enthusiast asks as he looks up from your shoulder at the box.

Taking that as a cue, Horropedia reaches out for the box before fetching it in one hand. His other hand slowly leaves your waist as he examines it closer while rotating it n different angles. Then, he shakes it carefully near to his ear for any kind of sound with a hint of anticipation.

"Open it up and find out," you giggle shortly once, replying, "I just hope you will like it..."

"Aww.." The brunette coos a bit before untangling the bow that seems to be unwrappable.

Suspension music can be heard from the background... - it's probably one of the horror nerd's mechanisms/ih

"Now, the moment of truth.. -" He dramatically says as he slowly lowers his hands for the cap as you still sit on one side of his lap to lend him space to move.

He pauses

"It's...

Oh, my days... - It's perfect!!!" Horrpedia quickly brings his hands up to reveal a pair of silly matching, but spooky costumes that seem to resemble for his "cliche but effective" spooky twin dolls- never though he gets to have dapper props for them... even very creepy looking as it's covered in this crimson paint color.

"I've been researching for a while and tried some fabrics" You explain about your process while recalling the tiny struggles you face to sew everything up as you designed them to be, "I may not be of an expert as you when it comes to authentic props but-"

Before you get to finish your sentence, you got gently cut off with a firm hug from your boyfriend- Who seems to rustle his hair on your shoulder as he's staring at the props again through his leaned down pose with a more silly grin now.

"You always give me everything nice..." Horropedia admits before moving up to plant a kiss on your lips.

"But just so you know... You're always my real gift."

.
.
.

"Were you also watching a documentary of Chucky?"

"...Yes..?"

"..Gasps.... Betrayal!"/lh