Part 4

~Your POV~

"oh come on y/n! i said i was sorry!! come on, i cleared up our entire afternoon and tomorrow morning just incase we get crazy" Eliza winks at her last word and im convinced.

It's been a couple days since we went to hollywood with Oliver and father, since that moth flew around too close to my face, confusing my thoughts; i had asked Eliza if we could go to a nearby bar but she had other plans, since then? Ive been reusing the victim card with no remorse.

"You ditched me, your own bestfriend"i dramatically fake-faint on my bed, the back of my hand placed on my forehead for extra drama.

"nah -ah, no more victim card, were going out tonight, all the girls from the team are coming and you did gamble one more black outfit out of me, you can use it tonight so chop chop" she laughs and heads to open a couple zipped up dresses.

I sit up defeated, satisfied but defeated. Im not one to find these sort of plans interesting, but if i can get this man out of my mind? Itll just have to do.

"Ok, the girls will be here at about 1800, from there we can do some pre-party drinks and head to the plane, the jet will arrive at 2000, from there we go straight to vegas baby!"she shines as she reads her notes app.

"Will you ever stop reading the time like the military do?" i smile as i start walking towards my closet room.

"My father taught me the proper way, they didnt make him sargent for nothing!" she shouts from the other room as she makes her way to me.

Elizas father was in the military all her life, her mother gave birth to her whilst he was out in the trenches, he was as present as a military father could be, always there for her milestones just, occasionally missed some birthdays but never without making sure that he had a pre-recorded video ready for her to watch as she blew her birthday candles, sang 17 birthday songs; even when he was a sergeant and his days became busier. But when she turned 18, she never got a video, days passed and there wasnt a single sign of him, until there was a knock on her small texas door.

Years have passed and she still fails to remember exactly how that day went, ive never pushed her either.

She opened the door to two visiting officers, her heart froze along with the rest of her body, her mother came to the door and all she remembers, are screams and tears.

Her father died on the field, using his body to shield a small child under grubbles of a broken building, there was an explosion, he never made it out.

A part of her died that day, weve bonded on our missing halfs; i admire her greatly, how she managed to rise again, a chirpy, shiny woman again.

I know that underneath it all, its a wound that will never close, but she perseveres.

"How does this look?" she sings with a child-like grin as she models her sequin green dress.

"Stunning as always" i smile because its true, shes beautiful.

"I know right?! Ok lets do our makeup before the girls arrive"
And we do just that.

~

"Its vegas time baby!" all the girls scream in unison as we make our way out of the private jet, ive started joining a bit more in the fun, after 4 shots of whatever disgusting spirit Anya chose, anyone would be.

Anya is in charge of the aesthetics of our brand, shes a serious short brunette,  but when shes out of work mode? She will force fun in your face whether you like it or not, but with her charming personality, everyone likes it.