1 / Sabine Regrets Being Nice

CHAPTER ONE
SABINE REGRETS BEING NICE
_____________________

SABINE CULLEN WAS MANY THINGS. She was fast, she was smart, she was quick-witted. But most importantly - and most annoyingly, if you asked her siblings - she was impatient. Too impatient, for someone who literally had all the time in the world. Which she understood, but she also knew that her family had enhanced speed, and there was absolutely no reason for them to take so long getting ready.

She pressed her hand down on the horn, letting it ring out for ten seconds, "I am going to leave without you!"

"You don't need to shout." Edward's voice rang from the once-empty passenger seat. She turned her head and narrowed her eyes at him, "We can hear you."

"Really?" She asked, attitude laced in her tone, "You didn't seem to hear me when I was asking for the remote last night."

Edward shrugged, "It's selective."

"Oh shut up."

She turned her head back to the garage door just in time to see the rest of her siblings enter one by one, all four of them heading towards Emmet's Jeep. Her brows pinched and she rolled down her window, "Is it 'Wear white and not tell Sabine' day or something? Seriously, what's with the matching outfits?"

"Edward's not wearing white." Emmett pointed out, hopping into his own drivers seat after letting Rosalie in.

"Yeah but Edward's all dark and gloomy inside." She quipped, "Doesn't count."

Emmett chuckled and the dark and gloomy boy in question hit her on the arm. She didn't react, simply starting up her car - a sleek, black BMW - and following Emmett out of the garage and towards Forks High. She switched on the radio to a random channel and double-checked her eyeliner in the rearview mirror.

"Can you look at the road?" Her brother snarked, leaning against his door.

Sabine made a face, "I've been driving for a hundred years, Eddie, I know what I'm doing."

She saw him roll his eyes in her peripheral and smirked, finally looking back at the road in front of her just to appease him. It was raining, as per usual, but it thankfully slowed to a non-existent drizzle by the time they pulled into the parking lot. And, like every day, all eyes were on them immediately.

It made sense - six kids, all super pale and super attractive, all fostered by the same parents but dating each other at the same time. Add in the fact that half of them looked way over high school age, and Sabine could understand the stares. She hopped out of her car, locking it when she heard the sound of Edward closing his door. They met up with the rest of them and, with eyes burning their skin, walked through the double doors of the school.

They were about three feet from the entrance when Sabine hissed out a curse, and looked at Jasper desperately, causing him to raise a brow, "Did you do the history essay?"

The blonde sighed, "Of course I did." And before she could ask, said, "Yes, you can use it."

Sabine grinned, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

She grabbed the paper from his outstretched hand and bounded down the hall in the direction of the library, muttering, "You can have it back at lunch." As she did so. Almost immediately after parting ways from her siblings, she ran into a soft body.