4 / Sabine Gets A Blast From The Past

CHAPTER FOUR
SABINE GETS A BLAST FROM THE PAST

꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷

                          TWIN TELEPATHY IS NOT A REAL THING. Sure, Vampires are. Werewolves, too. And yes, in this scenario, one of the twins could read the other's mind. But both of them, being able to reach each-others minds? Blasphemy.

And you know what? Sabine was grateful for it. She didn't want to be able to hear Edward's thoughts. I mean, the guy was forever seventeen and in his emo phase, nobody wanted to hear that guy's thoughts. Plus, with the amount of complaining he did about his ability, it didn't sound all that appealing anyway.

But right then — as she watched her brother follow Bella (a human, in case you forgot) as she walked into the woods, alone, she wanted nothing more than to be able to hear what he was thinking.

Because sure, he loved her. She didn't need to be told that, and she didn't need to read his mind to find out. The way he'd been obsessing over her the past few weeks was enough proof. But love or no love, she was still a human. A human who's blood literally sang to him, luring him to taste it. Like? Come on, people, be worried!

They weren't. Although she didn't expect much from Rosalie, who was probably praying for Edward to rid the world of Bella Swan. Or Jasper, who equally disliked the idea of Edward bringing a human home, for his own reasons. But Alice actually liked the girl, and even she had a peaceful smile on her face. Maybe she'd seen it, and she knew nothing could go wrong. But at the same time, it only takes a second for Edward to change his mind, and how much of a warning was Alice going to have? She saw Bella's accident mere seconds before it occurred. What if this was the same?

"I can feel your nervousness." Sabine jumped, turning her head to face Jasper. She was standing on the other side of Emmett's jeep, keeping a firm eye on the edge of the woods in which her brother had just disappeared. He'd rounded the vehicle to speak to her, and was looking at her curiously, "It's slightly overwhelming."

"Sorry." She murmured, looking at his eyes. They were dark, but not too dark for anyone to worry. "I just—I don't know—If he—"

"He won't." Was his reply.

"You don't know that." She shook her head, looking back at the trees. "It's not like you'd be too bothered if he did, anyway."

He chuckled with a smirk, "Probably not. But you would."

Sabine licked her lips, looking everywhere but him, "Not because I care about the girl. Because I care about my brother." She met his eyes, "He'll never forgive himself if he kills her."

Jasper blinked, smirk fading into something more serious, "Our future is extremely undetermined, and very much hinges on what decisions Edward is making right now."

She made a face, "Gee, how reassuring."

"He won't kill her." He said, "I don't care what Alice sees. He might bite her, but he won't kill her."

"How the hell could you possibly know that?" She said, raising an unbelieving brow.

Jasper tilted his head, looking her in the eyes with a look so serious she froze, "He didn't kill you."