⚡️; 1994: Hints

summary:

Harry gets the hint for the first task.

.   .   .   .

It was a few days after Harry had talked to his parents in person. He had decided to skip breakfast and sit at his favorite tree. Neville happened to be scavenging in the lake when Harry arrived.

"Hello, Harry!" Neville called out as he watched Harry slide down the tree. There was a book lying next to it.

"Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs?" Harry asked as he took the book in hands. "Yeah! Moody gave it to me that day we had tea, right after he casted those Unforgivable Curses." Neville explained.

He continued to examine the slimy figure in his hands, the water meeting the halfway point of his legs.

Neville looked up and smiled, waving at someone in the distance. Harry turned his head to see Ron, Hermione, and Ginny.

Ron and Hermione were talking in hushed voices, "I don't understand why you can't do it! This is your problem not mine." Hermione hissed at Ron as Harry stood up. "Just go." Ron whispered back into her ear as she scoffed and walked up to Harry.

"Ronald would like me to tell you, that Seamus told him, that Dean was told by Parvarti, that Hagrid's looking for you." She stumbled over her words, recounting the amount of times this message was passed through.

"Is that right? Well.. What?" Harry asked as he looked at Ron, confused by the statement. "Uhmm." Hermione walked back to Ron who mumbled a few words to her.

"Dean was told by Parvati that.. Please don't make me say it again. Hagrid's looking for you." She grumbled. "Well you could tell Ronald-"

"I'm not an owl!" Hermione shouted. She turned on her heel and grabbed Ginny by the arm, taking her with her. Ron stayed back a second, giving Harry the nastiest look he's ever gotten before walking away.

Harry sighed as he walked back to the tree where he had originally been and slumped to the ground.

.   .   .   .

"Did you bring your father's cloak, like I asked you?" Hagrid asked. It was late at night and Hagrid had taken the two to the Forbidden Forest.

Harry had first noticed that Hagrid's long nappy hair was slicked back. You could tell he was wearing aftershave along with a rose in his pocket.

"Er, yeah. I brought the cloak. But Hagrid, where are we going?" Harry responded as he heard faint noises from the distance. "You'll find out soon enough, make sure to pay close attention."

Harry decided to point out the differences in Hagrid's appearance. "Hagrid, what's with the flower? And you've combed your hair!"

"As a matta' of fact I 'ave. You should try to comb your 'air as well once in a while." Harry rolled his eyes. It wasn't his fault he inherited his father's untamable hair.

Harry was about to say something when he heard a distant roaring. Both Hagrid and Harry stopped when they heard snarling, followed by a voice: "''Agrid?" Yelled a woman, Madam Maxine.