The shock of rejection

Mark had dragged Justin back to the car and pumped the gas. He got back into the car and pulled back out into the road.

The whole time Justin just sat there..
Unmoved and blinking in shock.

She rejected him.

Shock soon lead to a feeling emptiness. Wolves killing his mates parents, wolves made her hate him.
Hate him enough to live in free land with rogues and humans.

She should be living with us at the pack house. Treated like the royalty that she is. She is our Mate, our Luna.
Yet she is so empty.

Came the voice of Justin's wolf in the back of his mind. He had felt the rejection the hardest and now curled up in the back of Justin's mind.

Mark snuck a few glances at his friend and a look of worry clear on his face. He knew that this was going to rip his friend apart. He just didn't know what path his wolf would take. Would he be a depressed and gloomy asshat, or would his anger come forth. Either way, as his Beta and best friend he knew he would need to step up and help where and how he could.

A few hours went by and they had made it back to the Pack lands.
Boarder patrols sounded off a howl letting everyone know their Alpha had returned.

Mark parked the car in his spot and turned the car off and turned towards Justin.

"Listen man, you don't gotta say anything to anyone. Okay. You don't owe your father anything. We got the treaty signed, that's all he needs to know. Okay. Let's just let things simmer." Mark said flatly.

"She smelled of candy. And her voice, her accent was so thick. Beautiful." Justin muttered to himself.

"Bro, the mate bond will do it's thing. She didn't even say your name and you clearly, didn't accept. Let it simmer. By the Moon Goddess things will work out." Mark said as he turned and got out of the car.
Followed by Justin, the two walked up to the house.

The walk up to the door was met with yips and howls from other members. All happy to see their Alpha had returned.

The two made their way into the den where Justin's father sat in a leather recliner watching a football game on a big screen TV, a bowl of chips in his lap.

"What are they doing?! Come on! Don't tackle him! No- Justin, Mark hold on these Humans are trying to get this last field goal." Came Justin's father.

"Sir, we got the treaty signed by Nightwalker Pack." Mark said as he drops a folder on the coffee table and steps back.

"You boy eat anything..you smell like junk food." Justin's father said as he clicked off the TV and stood up clapping both boys on the shoulders and picking up the folder. He pulled out a set of reading glasses and opened up the folder and looked at the paperwork. He nods in approval and hands Mark back the folder.

"Bravo Lads, now we can relax.
We have nothing to worry about for a few months and till then we can loosen up a bit. Maybe you boys can use this time to find mates so you can settle down." Justin's Father smiles at them.

Justin turns his face away knowing he couldn't bolt from the room. His father would know something was going on.

Mark just smiled and grabbed a handful of chips from the bowl.

"I'm going for a run. If that is alright with everyone. I need to..get out of these clothes." Justin mumbled and made his way out of the house.

Outside..
Justin's mind was racing. How could she reject him? She didn't even know him. She had the most beautiful green eyes. And a punch that could knock the wind out him.
She was so beautiful yet she wanted nothing to do with him.

Justin pulled at his clothes and and shifted into his wolf. He gathered up his clothes and his shoes and left them on the porch and turned and took off running.

That's what he needed. Air. Him and his wolf both just needed some air.
He darted around trees and over fallen logs and boulders. Other pack members joined him running along side him till they grew tired and departed. Soon Justin slowed to a trot and made his way back to the pack house. He shift back and pulled his pants on and made his way up to his room.

Shayla..her name is Shayla. We have a mate, and she is going to love us.