Second Chance At First Line

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

AN: Welcome to another chapter! I hope you enjoy it. I had a bit of writer's block when it came to this chapter....so it's shorter than some of the others. I am sorry.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Not even five minutes later, Scott is leaning with his back against his locker, only half-dressed in his lacrosse practice gear, staring at nothing with a dazed expression on his face as he processes the fact that Allison's father, Chris Argent, is one of the Hunters who attacked him, Sloane, and Derek during the full moon over the weekend. 

Stiles, having just finished getting ready for practice, is walking across the room when he sees Scott and stops to talk to him, concerned.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" Stiles asked his best friend.

Scott, still in shock, nods weakly. Still not believing or truly trusting himself to speak. Allison's father was one of the hunters who attacked him. Because he was a werewolf and Sloane was whatever she was...he didn't think wolves could do the trick she did with her phone number.

"Yeah." Scott said weakly.

Stiles didn't seemed satisfied by the short answer and looks at him with an exasperated expression. He was living vicariously through Scott.

"Is she giving you a second chance, or...?" Stiles asked.

Still dazed, Scott nods again.

"Yeah."

Stiles is excited on Scott's behalf, because this was great news.  Stiles noticed his lack of excitement and tries to encourage Scott to feel the same.

"Yeah? All right! So, everything's good?" Stiles asked him.

Scott shakes his head weakly.

"No."

"No?" Stiles asked confused.

Scott starts to come out of his overwhelmed haze, and twisting thoughts about how his life had come to this. Still unable to make eye contact with Stiles.

"Remember... the Hunters? Her dad is one of 'em." Scott said.

Stiles gasps at Scott in shock.

"Her dad--?" Stiles said, trying to process the new bit of information.

Scott ignores Stiles' words and continues to speak; " --shot me--"

"Allison's father--?" Stiles said.

"--with a crossbow." Scott said.

Stiles, flabbergasted by this news, repeats himself dramatically now that Scott has finally stopped speaking.

"Allison's father?"

"Yes! Her father!" Scott cried. Seeing that his best friend was just as shocked as he was, Scott began to panic agin.