19 | start afresh

chapter : 19
start afresh

Hey! some tmi (please feel free to continue with the chapter)

so, the last chapter had some overwhelming comments, and as much as it warms my heart to read those, it also keeps the light of writing alive in me. i have loved writing since i was 13, used to write on tellyupdates (if you know), i switched to wattpad when i was 15, created fanfictions (met some loveliest people, who still bring a smile on my face) and then took a plunge—changed accounts, focussed on general fictions when i was 18 (yes i am old, lol)

Most of you already know this, but the purpose behind me telling this story lol is because when you love something so dearly, it also instils many insecurities and confusions in your head. there's a fire to do better, to want to do better and the motivation for this genuinely comes from the people who appreciate your work. comments might just be some words but they push a write to a zone where they feel confident and loved. so thank you!

thank you for your words of appreciation and also the fact that despite having many better indian fictions out there, you decided to give my book a chance too.

thank you :)

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

I might have done something very bad.

"I don't even know what should I tell you. What else did you expect?" Jay reprimands me.

After Noor had told me about her shifting out, and that she had even considered that moving in with her boyfriend was a better option, that really shook my mental peace.

I had called Jay as soon as she was out of my cabin. I needed many advices, yes plural.

Currently, my best friend stretches out on the couch that has been placed strategically in my office. The brown leather shines when the sunlight from the window falls on it. I haven't ever used it as such but I am glad someone does.

"She is outside, stop screaming."

"Your cabin is soundproof. And it's your wife we are talking about, aren't we?"

The numbers on my laptop scream and blur out. I am seated on my chair, trying to focus on the screen but to no avail. He is right, what the hell was I even thinking?

"You spent your wedding night cramped up in a room, irritating me with how much you had loosened the grip and if that wasn't good enough, you have locked me here as well."