𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

May 7th | Atlanta, GA

Faye fastened her olive green trousers and checked the time on her phone. 9:25 am. "Damnit," she said to herself. "What's wrong?" Jarvis came up behind her.

She sighed. "I'm running late," she said. Jarvis kissed her neck and rubbed her hips. He propped his head in the crook of her neck. "Excuse me, Jarvis," she said and walked away to her bag that held her shoes.

She grabbed her gold Tom Ford padlock heels and sat on his bed. She put her shoes on, and then her gold rolex watch.

He'd learned that the worst time to try to give her love and affection was when she was running late or getting ready period. And to be honest, it seemed like it was never the right time.

She stood up and went back to the bathroom, and made sure her hair was in order before leaving out and getting her brown Birkin bag. He just watched her finish getting ready.

"Where's my Van Cleef?" she asked. "I don't know," he said. "Seriously? This is your house," she said, growing more irritated. "I didn't take it off of you, Mama," he said, calmly.

"You haven't seen it nowhere?" she asked. "No," he said. She huffed.

"What's the problem?" he asked. "Nothing. I just can't find any of my shit and I'm running late," she said with attitude lacing her voice.

"We'll find it, it's okay," he said. She just gave him a look without saying anything. "You hungry or something? What's up with you?" he asked. "I'm fine!" she rolled her eyes.

"Well, it don't seem like it. You got a attitude and I'an do shit to you," he said, trying to stay calm. "I don't. Stop talking to me, please," she said.

"Never seen nobody get a attitude every fucking day," he mumbled under his breath, walking into his bathroom. "Shut the fuck up or say it with your chest. I'm gone, bye," she said, now even angrier than she was.

"Faye, don't walk outta here like that," Jarvis said firmly, leaving his bathroom. "Or what?" she rolled her neck.

"Faye, what the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you like this?" he begged for her to tell him.

"I'm fine! Goodbye!"

She walked out of the room, and he didn't even bother to chase after her. Lord, is it anger issues? he asked the great Lord up above.

He tried to be patient with her, but she made it so hard. Why was she so angry all of the time? What could he do to make her happier? Was it him?

He asked himself all of the time what to do better so that he could make her happier.

Sometimes, Faye couldn't even tell anyone why she was angry some. Well, not angry, just frustrated...

She couldn't always explain why, and Jarvis would give her time and space to cool down.

She didn't always know what exactly she wanted, she just felt like something was missing. Faye lived life on schedule, she hated to feel like she was living life in shambles.

She would sit to herself and try to think; try to conjure up her reasoning for being so frustrated. That always allowed her mind to race with memories.