𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠...

June 1st | Atlanta, Georgia

Jarvis sat up from the bed, seeing that he was alone, like most mornings. For some reason, he never went to sleep alone, but woke up to Faye's empty side of the bed.

He heard talking downstairs, so he stood up, threw a shirt and some shorts on and went to go see. He walked out of the room and down to the first floor of Faye's penthouse.

He walked in the kitchen and seen her alone in the kitchen. But, the sound was coming from the surround sound speakers. It was only a podcast.

"Goodmorning," she looked at him. He looked at her. He walked over to her and hugged her from the back. His hands roamed her abdomen and moved lower and lower until he was touching her crotch through her grey Aritzia set.

"Goodmorning," he finally said. "How'd you sleep?" she asked. "Good, but I am getting a lil sick of waking up by myself," he said. She chuckled, "Well, I like to get up early and get my day started."

"Mmm. You smell good," he said. "Thank you," she said, placing her hands on his. "You still coming to KC's cookout with me?" Jarvis asked. "Yeah. That's today," she said. "Yeah, I know. You be changing your mind about shit," he said.

"Well, I'ma go to the gym, but I'na come pick you up at 2:30. Be ready, please, Baby," he said. "I will be," she said.

He walked out of the kitchen and back up to her bedroom. It was very important to him that she'd formally met his friends. They were an extension of his family.

She'd briefly met them, and they knew who she was, but they hadn't gotten that deep.

Jarvis quickly went and brushed his teeth and washed his face before throwing on some gym clothes. As he walked back downstairs, he patted his pockets to make sure he had everything he needed.

He walked over to the couch where Faye was reading and replying to emails. "Alright, I'ma see you in a few, Baby. I love you," he said. "I love you too," she said. He then slipped his hand under her chin and lifted her head to kiss him.

After their goodbye kisses, Jarvis left and Faye continued handling her business.

***

Jarvis and Faye pulled up to KC's house. It was nice; the perfect home for a family. Faye put some lotion on her hands and knees while Jarvis walked around to her side of the truck.

When he opened the door, she stuck her foot out. He already knew what to do. He removed her brown Hermes Oran sandal and let her squeeze some lotion on her hand.

He took her foot into his hand and rubbed the lotion around on it. When he was done, he grabbed her other foot and did the same thing before putting both of her sandals.

Oh, but she wasn't done then. She got her comb out of her purse and started to comb the flyaways down on the bone straight hair. Jarvis sighed loudly.

Faye gave him a look through the Louis Vuitton sunglasses. "Don't do too much,"she said. "But I am, 'cause I told yo ass to be ready at 2:30. It's damn near 4:00, and we just got here," he said.

She stopped combing her hair and threw the comb into the console. He helped her down from the lifted truck and closed the door behind her.