𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

May 28th | Atlanta, Georgia

"Yo lil girlfriend know you here with me?" Paige asked Jarvis as he sat down at the table with her. "Stop it, Paige," he rolled his eyes. She smirked and picked up the menu.

"It's okay if you miss me, Boo. You'll be back because you know where home is at, Babyboy," she shrugged with a smile. "Paige, I'an even tryna do all that. I'm just tryna tell you that I can't be supporting your life no more. You got to get yo ass up and get a fucking job," he sat back in the chair, crossing his arms.

Her smile fell and her eyes widened. That's not what she had expected him to say. "Jarvi-" she started, but was cut off. "I'on wanna hear that shit. You been saying you gon get a job for the longest, and the shit never happen. Now, I been tryna be patient, but now you causing problems between me and my girl. You have yo times where you wanna call me with that flirty shit. All that shit gotta stop," he put his foot down.

"Jarvis, I have nowhere to go. I been looking, but they just aren't what I want," she said. "Sometimes you gotta get something temporary to support yourself, because I can't keep doing it," he shook his head.

"You're really gonna let me go out on the street because of her?!" she fussed, "Jarvis, let's not forget how I was once the bread winner in our relationship," she said. "Paige, within a year and some change of us being together, my career had kicked off and I provided for you tenfold. Don't do that," he said, scrunching up his face.

"Jarvis, this not fair," she said. "Paige, I been tryna be patient with you. It's been a year, if I'm not mistaken, that I have been housing you. You're 30 fucking years old. Get off yo ass and get a real job, Paige," he said.

"I thought you understood me. I thought you were gonna support me like I supported you," she said, reaching for his hand. "Paige, you just looking for somebody to mooch off of. I let you do it for too long. You got a degree, you booksmart, you can go get a job. I just can't let you come in between me and Faye, because I love her and I see myself with her," he explained.

"You don't love me anymore?" she asked. "I got love for you, yeah. I told you this, Paige. I'm really not tryna tear you down, as bad as it sounds, but I need you to wake up. Social media not taking you nowhere. I'm not gon be taking care of my ex girlfriend forever. I'm sorry," he shrugged.

"So I'ma give you another month to get yo shit together, but after that, I gotta cut you off," he said. She was speechless.

He stood up from the chair and pushed it in. He put a $100 bill on the table and said, "Get you some food. And I mean what I'm saying," he said firmly for the last time.

She threw her head into her hands and reflected back on the last 8 years of her life. They were so happy at first, and now this is where they stood.

"We gon be together forever, Girl," is what she heard in her ear.

***

Jarvis heard Faye's expensive heels clicking on the floor as she rushed to her boss's office for a meeting. "I'm about to walk in the office, so I'ma talk to you later," she whispered. "Alright, I love you," he told her.

"I love you too," she said before hanging up the phone. She put her phone in her Goyard tote bag and stepped into the office of her boss.