STARBOY | 07

WHO KNEW THAT THE SEVERAL PEAS ON CHOI MISO'S PLATE COULD BE SO INTERESTING?

A puff of air left her mouth as she slouched in her chair, playing with the peas on her plate at the dinner table as both of her parents flaunted over Beomgyu's most recent A* in Biology.

"I'm so proud of you, Beomgyu." Her mother awed, as Beomgyu nodded his head, downing the glass of water he had with his food.

"Me too, son. You're really going to make a brilliant name for yourself in the future." Their father agreed, smiling triumphantly as he raised his glass in the air.

"Thanks mum, dad." Beomgyu grinned, looking at both of his parents before looking across at Miso and sending her a mocking smile. She still couldn't understand how both of their parents believed his stupid story about getting beat up.

"And what about you, Miso?" Her father awkwardly began, forming his lips in a line as he expected the worst.

"They haven't given us our results yet." Miso informed, nodding her head slightly. If only that was true... she'd had her test results back a few weeks ago, and after seeing that she got an F, she knew neither of her parents would be knowing the score.

Quickly, the attention was snatched away from Miso as Beomgyu stood up abruptly, putting his letterman jacket on.

"Where are you going? You haven't finished your food." Their mothers brows furrowed with curiosity, as she watched her son head towards the front door.

"Me and the boys are heading down to the Football field." He informed as their mother and father approached him to see him out.

In the meantime, Miso pushed out from her seat and took her plate over to the sink before washing it. She could never understand why her parents liked Beomgyu so much more than her. Was it because he was older? Smarter? Popular? She didn't know — but what she did know, was that it hurt.

Once she finished cleaning, she hurried upstairs to her bedroom, where she immediately played one of her The Beatles records and laid on her bed after washing up.

She allowed her thoughts to wander. She though about Kang Minhee and his dreamy, white hair. His eyes were brown and chocolate like, and Miso couldn't help but get lost whenever she looked into them. His skin was pale just like snow, and his lips were the shape of a heart. He was to die for and whenever Miso thought about him, she was accompanied by the flutter in her chest.

Losing track of the time as the sun set, the Choi girl could feel exhaustion begin to take over her body as her eyelids began to get heavier and heavier. She wanted nothing more than to fall fast asleep in the comfort of her baby pink bed sheets — however, that want was annoyingly disturbed by the sound of something small hitting her window.

For a moment, she was confused as to what it could be, but then the memory of her brother staying out late and past his curfew sunk in and she rolled her eyes and turned in her bed to gain more comfort.