chapter two

is he really someone to be trusted?
why am i letting my guard down?

~ matthéo's pov ~

lilly was sleeping soundly on matthéo's sofa in his office and getting couldn't help but smile at how innocent she looked.

however, matthéo's chain of thought was interrupted completely when he heard a knock at his office door, it was his top employee - mark.

"yes mark?" matthéo whispered in order not to wake lilly up from her much needed rest.

"stefón is here with his son for the interview." mark mustve realised that lilly was sleeping so he also whispered.

"bring them through mark, also get the chefs to make a light meal for lilly would ya?" matthéo nodded as he quietly put some files away and sat up straight.

"yes sir" mark replied as he walked out of the office a returned a minute later with two men.

"matthéo, how you doing man? how's business?" stefón grinned and shook matthéo's hand.

"im good, business is goin well" matthéo replied whilst shaking stefóns hand.

"good, this is my son owen" stefón motioned to the youngish boy beside him, owen shook matthéo's hand and matthéo could tell he was nervous.

"nice to meet you, take a seat both of you." matthéo nodded and sat himself down as he glanced at lilly.

"who's the girl man? you finally settlin down?" stefón chuckled.

"nah its not like that man, she's one of the ones who got used by johnny." matthéo explained briefly.

"oh that jackass? someone needs to drop his ass for pimpin all these young girls out." stefón shook his head.

"close to doin that myself.. anyway, what job you applying for owen?" matthéo asked as he cracked his neck.

"whatever's available however i do have a few skills that could be of good use, sir." owen replied as confidently as he could.

"the kids being humble, he can battle like no one his age." stefón chimed in and nudged his sons shoulder.

matthéo nodded slowly as he considered wether or not he should take owen on.. he already had plenty of men but maybe he could bring in a few more bodyguards.. for lilly.

"deal, you'll start tomorrow. i'll have someone bring you up to speed on tasks and rules." matthéo stated as he shook owens hand.

"thank you sir, you won't be disappointed." owen nodded.

"yeah i hope not." matthéo replied as he got up from his chair and walked stefón and owen out of the office before sitting down in an armchair beside lilly.

he watched over lilly as she slept peacefully and in that moment all he could think about was how much he wanted to protect her from the world and it's dangers.

matthéo had never felt this way about a woman before, usually it would be a simple fuck and that was that but lilly was different.. she reminded him of someone that he loved dearly.. someone who was no longer around.