-Chapter 2-

Before I am off to Top Gun, there is one final thing that I have to do. Tell my father. I grabbed the keys of my car, stepped inside, reffed the engine and headed towards his house. My father is a complicated man. He used to be an amazing father, except for the part where he didn't want me to be a naval aviator because that wasn't something a female could do, according to him.

But that changed when my mother died, almost seven years ago. He was heartbroken and lost, for him there seemed to be no point in living anymore. He met some other guys and they introduced him to drugs, he became an addict. 

No matter what age you are, no matter where you grow up, or how well you family is doing moneywise. It is always hard for a child to see her father just throwing his live away and turning into a miserable man, knowing there is nothing you could do for him, because not in a million years he would accept that he needed help.

I still remember the moment I first realised he was on drugs, I remember it so clearly. I had come home early that day, wanting to surprise my father because I knew he wouldn't be doing good with my mothers passing. I had brought him a bouquet of flowers and some food, because he probably wouldn't have aten.

I had knocked on the door, but no one opened, making me worry that he might have done something to himself. That the pressure and the pain had become to much to handle. As fast as I could I had opened the door with the extra key he had once given me, hurrying into the house.

'Dad!' I called out, but still know respons. My hands were tumbling and my heart was beating faster than ever. With shaky hand I opened the door towards the living room, afraid of what I would find. The door squeaked slightly as I pushed my head through the opening. That was when I found him.

My heard shrunk deep, tears started to form in my eyes as I ran over to him. His huge body laid on the cough, his eyes were closed, right at that moment I honestly thought he was dead. Sobs escaped my lips, I shook his body, but he didn't wake up. Only when I checked his pulse I realised that he wasn't dead. 'Dad!' I screamed my voice hoarse, hoping he'd wake up.

I was quick to grab the phone that laid on the cough next to his passed out body. Dialing in the alarm number while I quickly glanced around the room. And that's when I saw it. Two little bags laying on the table. One of them contained a bit of white powder and the other one was filled with green stuff. I swallowed deeply, a lump forming in my throat as I realised what had happened.

'Hello, what can I help you with?' The lady on the phone had asked. 'I need an ambulance, my father has passed out and won't wake up, but he is still breathing.' I replied trying to get my self together while my voice was still shaking.

'What is your address, emergency services will be on their way.' Her voice somewhat calmed me down. After giving her the address I let myself fall down on the floor. Tears covering my sight, why? I had thought. Why me? Why him? 

I sat there on the ground waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Everything had happened so fast and before I realised, I was watching my father being carried into the ambulance. My head was filled with questions and my heard was filled with pain and a sense of betrayal. 

After all of that he still never visited mom's grave, for all that I know he still hasn't. He would have issues controlling his anger. At some point he even took his anger out on me. Which meant throwing empty bottles of alcohol on my head, screaming at me what a worthless daughter I was, that type of stuff.

Then Four years ago, so about three years after my mothers death, he met another women. Diana. She had just lost her husband, they understood each other. I really don't understand how but she managed to get my father on the right path again.