This Never Happened

Hiya. This is mangareader90 updating because SAM NEEDS TO SLEEP and she refuses to do so until I update. So, hope you like this. 

I let out an annoyed sigh as I quickly skimmed Shiro's text. I looked to my right to see Karin sitting boredly next to me, an irritated expression on her face. Why is she irritated? Does she know where Sam is? 

"Manga, dear, please pay attention," Mrs.Shanks requested. I blushed a little, embarrassed. 

"Sorry Mrs.Shanks, but I've already read this book before. It's a great book, really it is. One of my favorites to be honest," I told her, smiling sheepishly. 

"Oh, you've read The Perks of Being a Wallflower before? What did you think of the book?" Mrs.Shanks asked, a hint of glee in her voice. It was her favorite book.

"The plotline was stupendous, the characters were relatable, the problems they faced were very heartbreaking, but while you wanted to say you'd react differently, you don't reall know. It gets you thinking about life itself and what it is like to others, and the ending leaves you wanting to know more, but knowing that it's perfect the way it is because while it's not a finished ending, it's representative to how life truly is. Only you will know how your life ends, others won't," I finished my brief thoughts on the book. I had more to talk about, but I didn't want to give anything away.

"My thoughts exactly. And that ending, incredibly escalated, am I right?" Mrs.Shanks asked, smiling. I nodded.

"I definitely never saw it coming," I admitted.

"Do you own the book or rent it?"

"I own it."

"Do you mind answering the more thought provoking questions?"

"Not really, no. I'd rather like to do that."

"Honors English is truly your strongpoint, dear."

"English always has been Mrs.Shanks. I'm actually trying to write my own book..."

"When you do that, let me read it," Mrs.Shanks smiled at me before resuming the class again. Honors English was just another word for College Enlgish. It's the same time period for regular classes, but the homework is worse. Not hard, but busy.

Karin looked apathetic to the topic and I don't know why, but I felt as if I needed to ask her what she did before this class period. The clock showed ten minutes before we were able to leave. My next period is Calculus with Mr.Asuma, so I think I'll be able to skip a few minutes of that class time. He, like Kakashi, doesn't like doing much on the first day. We'll still have homework, but it won't be anything hard.

"Psst, Manga," Shikimaru was poking me in the back of my head with the butt of his pencil. I waited until Mrs.Shanks was distracted before turning around.

"Dude. Are you trying to get us in trouble?" I whispered. He shrugged in response.

"You have Asuma next period?" Shikimaru asked. I nodded.

"After this class period give me your bag and I'll have you sit next to me and Chouji," Shikimaru instructed and I raised an eyebrow.

"Two questions. One, what about Ino? Two, why give you my bag?" I asked. I wasn't surprised Chouji was in Calculus, he was pretty good at math. He says he uses it daily in his life, especially when cooking food. I don't question it.

"Ino is in Pre-Calculus and I saw you taking glances at Karin. Something happen with her and Sam?" Shikimaru asked. Before I could respond, the bell rand. He sighed, standing up and grabbing my bag and books. "Tell me what happened later. I'll tell Asuma you're doing something, before going into the classroom get a pass from Tsunade so you won't be counted tardy."