Nocturnal reader

The Entities, an advanced race and the first lifeform made by the Prime god. You could consider them humans in every way, except for the fact that the Entities were smarter, stronger, mystic and better in every aspect.

Each Entity was happy, the astrologist included. Their world was the ideal, the Entities were the ideal lifeform as it was said to be the closest lifeform to a god. The Prime god was good to them as they answered all of the Entities' prayers, the Prime god gave them the talent to make each one unique like uncut gems and holy prized jewels.

The only deal with the Entities for this everlasting peace was that they couldn't actively obtain godhood, nor could they abandon their god even though they had the potential to do so.

But they evolved too fast, they forgot all about the Prime god and the deal they had made.

Astra closed the door behind her, Maria was relaxing on her bed reading some fiction, usually, Maria would greet her but she was too nose-deep in her book to notice.

Astra sat next to Maria; she was tired but she wanted to take a peek at Maria's book before dosing off. Astra had naturally extraordinary eyesight, so scooting nearer to read a few lines wasn't required for her, although snuggling close next to Maria seemed like a genius idea.

Her sight shifted to Maria's book, she had a feeling that she had been fluent in a similar language in terms of speaking and reading back in her old life, but some words and letters seemed foreign to her. Still, she was able to make out some sentences, her eyes widened in surprise when she inferred that Maria was reading erotica. That was so unlikely for Maria to be reading smut.

Maria looked at shocked Astra, it took a few seconds of processing to know why Astra was staring at her in bewilderment.

Maria shut the book in a blink and allowed herself a wry chuckle "I can explain! This is Violet's book, and the smut is a subplot"

Maria's desperate face told Astra it was really the truth. But even if Astra didn't take a peek she would've known, she considered Maria as an open book waiting to be read. Above all, she felt curious to read more "We can read together?"

Maria gave some silent thought to Astra's comment "I didn't take you for someone who reads smut"

"Same here, you shouldn't underestimate," said Astra with a cheeky grin, one that would instantly come off as cocky

Maria admired the witty remark "Then we're both guilty"

Astra moved herself a little closer to Maria until she thought she was comfortable enough, but in Astra's dreamland, hand-holding with Maria was more than enough.....

They read the whole night, the book was a great one that explored fame, blame, mystery, lust and losses....But the book was so freakishly long that the two dozed off together without realizing

Maria sat up from bed the next morning, only to see Astra sound asleep right next to her. Her arms were nervelessly wrapped around her body. Maria sighed, it seemed heartless to try shaking her off since she was so deep in her sleep.