STARBOY | 08

WAKING UP TO THE SOUND OF YELLING WAS SOMETHING MISO DID NOT WANT — HOWEVER, IT WAS HAPPENING

"What is this Miso?!" Her mother screamed, pointing to something by the window. Miso remained silent for a moment as she composed herself. She was far too tired to be dealing with a lecture in the morning.

"What?" She eventually asked, slowly sitting up in her bed and rubbing her eyes as she looked at what her mother was pointing at.

"This? What is this?!" The older women angrily questioned, picking up the lighter and throwing it at her daughter, who let out a grunt as the metal object hit her chest. "Are you smoking, Miso?!"

Picking up the lighter, Miso couldn't help but roll her eyes as she noticed the initials of who it belonged to engraved across the front.

N.R.K

"No, mum." Miso shook her head. "Kai came over last night and i guess he left it here." She lied, throwing her covers from her body and standing up to start getting ready for school.

"So Kai is smoking?" Her mother raised her brows and immediately, Miso shook her head.

"No, he only used it to light some candles." She explained. She wasn't about to get her best friend in trouble for no reason. Her mother sent her a look filled with a mixture of emotions. It was no doubt that she was skeptical of the Choi girl.

"Get dressed for school, or you'll be late." Her mother warned, rolling her eyes as she walked passed Miso and over to her bedroom door. "Your brother already left, so you will have to walk." She informed and left, causing a groan of annoyance to come from her mouth.

She was angry with Niki and the fact he left his lighter in her bedroom. She hadn't planned on speaking to the Greaser again, yet now, she had to and that bothered her.

After the semi-long walk to school, she entered the building in search for her friends. She hadn't seen them for a while and it worried her that they might of forgotten about her existence. Though, as she approached her locker, she felt a smile tug at her lips at the sight of Minhee, Chanyoung, Yoonah, Wonyoung and Jiwoo gathered around it.

"Choiso," Jiwoo spoke once the shorter girl had made her way over to them. "You'll never guess what." She giggled, looking over at Yoonah, who had a smirk on his lips. "Our Yoonah almost hooked up with Nishimura Niki last night!"

"Yeah, but they couldn't because she had to leave." Wonyoung pouted, sadly and Miso nodded her head slightly with furrowed brows.

Niki was with her last night, so was Yoonah lying? Though, Niki could of always gone to see the pretty girl after leaving Miso... She really didn't know whether Yoonah was telling the truth, but she shrugged off her queries and smiled before the bell rings, announcing classes are beginning.

If Miso wasn't already irritated going to school, then she was more than that now that school was over and she had to change her route home.

The Nishimura boy had failed to attend school that day, and when Miso wandered the corridors during lunch break, she realized that none of the friend group were at school, so giving it to them to give to Niki was no longer an option.

Now, she had to go to the South side and hand it to him in person. Just the mere thought of roaming around the Greasers territory caused her heart to race. The last time she was there she was getting a tattoo from Niki and even then, midday did she feel on edge, so going so close to the evening made her anxiety skyrocket.

Walking down the steps, Miso did everything she could to avoid her brother seeing her as he leaned against his Mustang, talking with his friends. If he saw her heading towards the South side he'd question her and then everything would come out and she couldn't have that.

The Choi girl gripped the strap of her handbag as she got closer and closer to the South side. There were gangs of  Greasers hanging around on every streets corner, and women in the skimpiest shorts and bold, red lipstick were busy strolling around town, sending Miso looks of intimidation.

So far, there was no sign of the Greaser boy she was in need to see. The sun was starting to set, which only made Miso more nervous. Her chances of being stabbed were increasing the further she went and her 8 o'clock curfew was counting down by the second.

Mustering up enough courage, Miso headed towards one of the boys that was leaned against a wall with a spliff in his cancer stick. She watched as a smirk grew on the boys rather plump lips as she got closer to him and once she was standing in front of the boy, he removed the spliff from his mouth.

"Have you see Niki?" She nervously wondered as the boy blew smoke from his lips. His eyes were slightly squinted as he stood up properly and threw the spliff onto the floor and put it out with his with his converse clad foot.

"What're you doing on this side of town?" He questioned, looking her up and down, making her fold her arms across her chest as a way of closing off. "Ain't your territory the other way?"

"I'm looking for Niki, have you seen him?" Miso ignored the Greasers questions and restated her, growing impatient.

"Check 'The Weekender.'" The young boy eventually revealed. "It's Heeseung's club, they usually hang there. If not there then Heeseung's house which isn't too far from here." He explained and quickly, Miso nodded taking in the information, before thanking him.

"Anytime, Sugar." He winked, watching as she walked away from him and down the street.

As she got closer to the lively building that had the words 'THE WEEKENDER' in bold, red writing, she sighed with relief. Oh, how badly she hoped the boy was here. All she wanted to do was go home.

Suddenly, Miso's eyes widened as she spotted the oreo haired boy heading towards an alleyway on his own. Hurriedly, the Choi girl followed after him and opened her handbag, going to retrieve the lighter.

However, before she did, she slowly came to a stop as a wave of confusion hit her once she watched Niki open a metal gate. Where was he going? She thought and without thinking, she continued after him, opening the gate curiously.

Instantly, shock overtook the girls body as her jaw fell open slightly as she looked at the view in front of her. There were multiple racing cars and motorbikes parked around the large area with many Greasers working on them. The sound of an engine roaring was heard, causing the Soc to advert her attention to the person that was on one of the motorbikes, racing around the track.

What had she walked into?

★