Chapter 2 - The Blackout

Villains, what do most have in common? They're idiots, revealing their scheme halfway through their plan, being so naive that it leads to their defeat. Well, not Dolores. No, no, no. Since even before she made a big move, she was the villain. There were hints, but not noticeable.

Even when Dolores' plan to destroy the miracle succeeded (until it didn't), nobody found out, not even a rat. Everyone was so happy at being united that nobody realized the way they got there didn't make 100% sense.

Dolores kept her plans and goals a secret for one good reason: her family. As much as Dolores hates them, she could never bear the idea of them finding out. The reaction from them all, especially from Pepa and Felix, would break Dolores. As much as she would never admit it, even to herself, that might change. Perhaps, in order for Dolores to destroy the miracle, revealing her true self would break the family, causing a heated argument and destroying the miracle.

So, why not just do it? Aside from the reactions, Dolores has another reason why she doesn't want to... because she's a coward. Straight up, Dolores is a coward. She fears her family most of all, especially Abuela. But soon, that might all change for the worst.

Camilo: (teasingly) You look exhausted.

Dolores: (annoyed) I'm just tired, that's all.

Camilo: (teasingly) Oh really, like how you've been tired ever since you went on the "walk" last week?

Abuela: (calmly) Camilo, stop trying to annoy Dolores. I may have changed my ways for the better, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you provoke your sister. Now, eat your dinner; most of us are almost finished.

Camilo: (annoyed) Fine.

Dolores: (muttering) Lucky for you, Abuela, you won't have to deal with me for much longer.

Abuela: (noticing) What was that, Dolores?

Dolores: (nervously) Nothing.

Suddenly, the Madrigals are interrupted by a man bursting into Casita and into the family dining room.

Abuela: (surprised) Osvaldo, what seems to be the problem?

Osvaldo: (breathing heavily) Alma, you need to come see this.

Moments later, the Madrigals and townspeople stand outside the church, whispering, looking up as they see a woman on the edge of the top roof seemingly preparing to jump off the building.

Abuela: (shocked) Señor Flores, what is the meaning of this?

Señor Flores: (nervously) I don't know. One minute there was nobody on the roof of my church, the next there is. I never expected something like this to happen in our peaceful town.

Abuela: (sternly) We cannot let a suicide take place. This woman, whoever she is, needs help.

Mirabel: (calmly) Let me try to talk to her.

Mirabel steps forward.

Mirabel: (softly) Hey, we don't want you to hurt yourself. Can you tell us what's going on? We can help.

The woman looks down at Mirabel with glowing eyes, something becoming very clear.

Isabela: (realizing) Mirabel...

Before Mirabel could respond, the woman holds out her left arm, and from it, a blast of energy fires upon Mirabel, knocking her back. As Mirabel struggles to get back on her feet, the townspeople gasp in shock, but it's too late as Dolores sneaks away from the crowd and into a corner to hide.

The woman above starts to morph her body, turning and twisting before jumping down, landing on both feet as smoke engulfs the area before being lit up by four glowing eyes that clear it, revealing the woman, not human but metal and sharp, green, blue, and silver with four orange eyes and yellow pupils, a demon made by the devil herself.