Chapter 3 - True Colours

In an abandoned barn at night, Mariano and his mates gather around the metal demon's body.

Darrell: (nervously) Are you sure about this?

Mariano: (mockingly) Of course I am. Once we tear this thing apart and see who's behind this little operation, oh baby, we'll be sleeping with every woman in town.

Darrell: (nervously) Yeah, I'm definitely not doing the sleep-with-every-woman-in-town part.

Voice: (calmly) Good choice.

The mysterious voice startles Mariano and his mates as they turn around to find a figure standing in the shadows.

Figure: (smirking) Thought you could pull off a secret operation without my boss hearing about it? Well, surprise, surprise. Now I believe you have something of hers.

Suddenly, the figure raises his left hand, revealing a metal weapon. Without hesitation, the figure fires millions of bullets at all of Mariano's mates, killing them all before they even drop to the floor, leaving Mariano and Darrell.

Figure: (annoyed) To think you're the man who broke my boss's heart.

Suddenly, the figure shoots Mariano and Darrell in the head.

Seven dead, a lot more to go.

-

The next day...

Voice: (screaming) ALMA!

Abuela: (calmly) What?

Voice: (horrified) You need to see NOW.

-

Abuela, along with the other Madrigals, gathers near the river as they see the horror before them. Mariano and all his mates hang on ropes, bloody guts, everything falling into the river. There's a body slowly ripping apart.

Camilo: (horrified) I think I'm gonna be sick.

Isabela: (horrified) The attack, now this.

As the Madrigals look in horror, Señora Guzmán walks close to the bridge at the dead remains of her son, his face unrecognizable due to it having been blasted to bits.

Señora Guzmán: (screaming) Who did this?! Who did this to my son?! What kind of monster could do this?

Abuela: (grimly) We must find out who is behind all of this immediately.

Camilo: (nervously) But you said-

Abuela: (interrupting) I know what I said, but we cannot have a murderer hiding in our community building more things to destroy said community.

Mirabel: (horrified) I agree. Who knows what this person will do next. But how will we find this person? Dolores said she hasn't heard anything suspicious.

Camilo: (nervously) Maybe this person is going stuff at night when we're all asleep so nobody can hear anything.

Isabela: (calmly) Camilo has a point. Dolores isn't awake all day and night.

Mirabel: (calmly) However this person is pulling this operation, we will stop them. I have faith Dolores will sooner or later overhear something, and we'll save the miracle.

-

Hours later, Dolores looks out of a window in the kitchen, smirking at the destroyed village, seemingly waiting for something or someone.

Voice: (concerned) Dolores.

Dolores turns around to see her mother, Pepa, standing near the door.

Dolores: (calmly) Yes, mother.