Chapter 3. Maybe it's love

Sahil

We were late at the court, we had to attend a meeting at the last moment which lasted a couple of hours, I've hated people who were late and now I was the one being late for my own wedding, I hated the feeling of being late when I've never been late for anything, we were about to enter the court before someone bumped against me, I looked over at the girl, it was her, jhanvi.

She screamed as she was about to fall, I wrapped my hand around her waist while the other grabbed her wrist, her eyes wide open before our eyes locked in, she didn't blink but neither did I, I smelled the perfume that was on her, it had a rosy scent, mine and her perfume mixed as the smell became strong around us, her black dress which was covering everything besides her arms and shoulders, her left leg exposed as there was a long cut on the end of the dress, I noticed every single detail of how she was dressed in less than a second, her eyes weren't leaving mine, I didn't know if she was trying to have eye contact or she simply couldn't take her eyes off of me, I couldn't either but I surely wasn't trying to have a staring contest.

Aryan spoke, he was probably holding the other girl who, maybe, was her friend, I didn't want to keep staring at her eyes but they seemed to have an effect on me that I didn't want to have, her eyes were glowing just like her skin, her pink lipgloss making her lips look more plumped, and at the right side on the top of her lip she had a black dot, it wasn't noticeable from the lipgloss she was wearing, but somehow I managed to notice it, her hands rested on my chest as I held her wrist firmly, her bangles making sounds, I don't know why she wore bangles with this type of a dress but they didn't look bad on her, and neither was I looking bad on her.

"Watch it Amor" I said pulling her closer to me, those words just came out of my mouth without me even noticing I said something like that, her hands were resting on my chest as I didn't want to let go of her wrist, I had a feeling she didn't want me to let go of her either, the way she was staring at me was making me have a weird feeling, I've never touched a woman before so maybe it's from that but she sure had something on her that was making me admire her like this, she stayed in my arm not saying anything, she was letting me touch her when I expected her to push me away, I wanted to pull her even closer so I could feel her body against mine, It was the first time I was thinking something like this and I knew I couldn't do it, so I let go of her wrist.

Her hands didn't move away from my chest, was she trying to hear my heartbeat? Or she simply was comfortable in this type of position? She was slightly bent, I moved myself a bit closer to her without knowing, but my body didn't touch her's, and before I could say anything or do anything else, she blinked and took herself out of my arm, she stood up as her eyes went down on the ground, I don't know if she was trying to look at my shoes or her dress, I kept staring at her as she spoke.

"Sorry- thanks-" she said as I heard another voice, I didn't bother to look around, my eyes weren't leaving her, they didn't want to, even if I forced them they wouldn't, but why did she say sorry? We should be the ones apologizing for being late and bumping into them, and thanks for what? For catching her? Putting her in that position? She confused me for a moment, and why was she at the door? Did she get impatient of waiting and thought I would never come here? She'll think I'm always late for important things, not a great first impression with my soon-to-be wife, not that I care since I'm only marrying her for my business purpose but I still needed a way to keep her close to me so she could tell me the things I needed to know.

I don't know why she chose court marriage but it's only a benefit for me, I didn't want to have any kind of drama from the divorce after I got what I wanted, so it's better to let the marriage papers expire so it would be some kind of divorce, she'll be my wife till the expiry date, Im not even married yet and I'm already thinking of divorcing her, how inpatient can you get sahil? I thought to myself before I looked over at Aryan as he was staring at the girl that was walking beside her, he was staring at her like he just saw a new pair of guns that he wanted, not that I can blame him I was staring at her the same way he is, it's acceptable for me since she's about to be my wife but he doesn't even know the other girl, he better not give them any idea that we were some kind of creeps from his staring.