part four

Mackenzie sat on the ground staring forward. People tried to talk to her, but she ignored them, not wanting to accept the truth. In the background she could hear police sirens. Nia sat in front of her. " hey." Nia says wiping tears from her eyes. " if it helps I heard it was painless." She just curled her knees up to her cheast ignoring her. " go away!" She said harshly to Nia. Nia nodded and slowly backed away going over to brooke. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Abby walk into the room. Abby walks to the front of the room, and tries to get everyones attention. When she does she starts to talk. " girls the police are here. They want to question all of you." Abby takes a big breath and tries to hold back tears. "Why!?" Paige screams getting up and walking over to Abby. "They- they think Maddie was here last night.Before she was killed." Abby explains sadly. "So," Paige questions"that doesn't mean on of us did it." Brooke grabs Paiges arm. " stop it." Mackenzie hears Brooke whisper. Paige sits down hastily hitting the ground. Abby takes a deep breath. "You guys were her friends. They think this was personal." Abby explains. Mackenzie sits there in shock. Who would want to kill Maddie? Everyone loved Maddie. Soon all the girls were getting driven down to the police station. Kendall got called in first. All the girls were sitting there next to each other waiting to be questioned for Maddies murder. Never thpught this would happen Mackenzie thought to herself. "So what questions do you think their going to ask us?" Nia says trying to start a conversation. Brooke play with her fingers nervously. " I don't know. Probably where we were that night or somethings." Brooke answers. " This is so stupid. None of us killed Maddie!" Paige shouts out. Then Kendall walked out. Kendall told Mackenzie it was her turn to go in. She nodded, noticing the look of guilt on Kendalls face. Intreasting she thought to herself. As Mackenzie walked in she felt more and more nervous. What if they think its me? She thought. When she walked in she was escorted to a chair." Hi Mackenzie." The officer said. She nust nodded her head solemnly. " so you're the victims sister? Sorry about your loss." She just nodded again. If he was so sorry, why was he questioning her? "Now im going to ask you a few questions." " okay" he swallowed before continuing " where were you last night between the times of 9 pm and 2 am." " I was asleep In my bed. You can ask my mom." She answered confidently. After that she was asked a bunch of other questions. Finally they were at the last question. " so Mackenzie who do you think, out of the girls, killed Maddie. " Mackenzie froze. She had to say one of her own friends murdered Maddie. Then she remembered her behavior this morning. Oh no! Everyone would say it was her. No wonder Kendall looked so guilty. " kendall." She said shaking, before leaving.