part six

The next few days were agonizing in the prison cell. She wasn't sure if her mom would even get her a lawyer. Thankfully one was given to her. Though she wasn't sure how good they were. The trial was soon, and Mackenzie was getting more and more nervous. What if she was convicted? This had ruined her life. She felt a deep haterd toward whoever had killed Maddie. Mackenzie had no clue of who would want to kill Maddie though. It seemed everyone loved her. Mackenzie sighed and went to bed thinking of her bad luck. The next day was weird. A couple officers woke her up, and dragged her out. She gave them questioning looks as she was driven to a different building. They just stared ahead and ignored her. At last they made it to their destination. Mackenzie was dragged out in chains and brought into a room for questioning. 'What was going on?' Mackenzie thought chewing her fingernails. Suddenly a police officer walks in holding a folder with photos inside. Mackenzie felt even more nervous now. Something bad had happened. Was it more evidence against her? Or maybe she was overeating and it was just more questions about her "motives". As she's thinking about all what could be going on the officer clears his throat. " sorry." Mackenzie said blushing a bit. "Now," the officer said blankly," do you know why you're here?" She shaked her head no. The officer took a death breath before starting. " Kendall Vertez was murdered yesterday." Mackenzie gasped in suprize. A shudder went through her body. Another person was dead. " I-i didn't do it! I swear! I was in here the whole time." She screamed before falling out of her chair breaking down in sobs. Kendall wasn't really her friend, but she didn't deserve to die. None of them did. "We know. Thats why were letting you go. The murders are all done in a signature way. So you can't be the murderer." Mackenzie jumped up in joy. She was free. " first we have to show you some pictures." The guy pulled out a picture of a dead Kendall. Mackenzie felt bile rising in her throut. She bent down and threw up. "Do you have any idea who could've done this?" Mackenzie nodded no. The office asked her nor questions before handing her a pair of clothes and saying her mom would pick her up soon.