26

It was Saturday night and I was a woman on a mission. My entire week was spent either working on projects and starting finals, attending ridiculous dinners with my parents or Antony, and trying my hardest to ignore Valentin in his many attempts to talk with me. Whatever that meant. As far as I was aware, I was marrying his son, we didn't need to have private chats.

"Hai perso la testa?" My eyes meet Niccolò's through the mirror though he's too distracted to keep the eye contact. [have you lost your mind?]

"I'm going to pretend you complimented my outfit." I snapped my second earring in my ear before reaching down to grab my necklace. It was more of a choker but the diamond piece was beautiful nonetheless.

"What outfit? You're practically naked-" he stepped forward, "and what is this?" He was behind me in an instant pulling at the thong with the letters showing above the backless dress. "Libra. Does the entire planet need to know you're a libra?"

It was actually an early birthday gift from none other than Jaz of course and I liked it. Was it a bit salacious? Maybe. But it didn't matter. "Stop overreacting." I pulled myself from his grasp, bending to pick up my body butter. "Come lotion my back."

I opened the container scooping some out before turning and plopping it into into his hand. My hair was in a high ponytail so I didn't have to worry about Keeping the strands out his way as I rubbed the rest across my arms.

"When did we agree on you leaving again?" Despite his words, he stepped forward, rubbing his palms together.

"I look forward to the day you get to dictate where I can go." His eyes met mine through the mirror and I sent an innocent smile as he continued to lather my back.

His hands slipped into the open back of my dress easily reaching around to lay one hand flat against my stomach. My smile was gone the minute his hand decided to venture south and I shot mine out to stop him in his track.

"You're not going to seduce me into staying here." His attempt was comical but I knew not to rub it in too much.

He spun me in his arms and I only peered up at him waiting for him to speak. "Who's taking you to this club?"

"Jaz."

He heaved a sigh, gripping my skin before letting me go completely. I sorta wished he hadn't. "So she can take you to another one of my-"

I raised a brow, waiting for him to finish. "Your?" There was a strong possibility I overheard Nico talking to Elias, in English surprisingly, about business at Indulgence. Thinking back to the night, it made sense since he had an entire office where Elias had just so been waiting and my conversation with Jaz played in my mind. There were things I needed to talk about with the man, but sadly I wasn't sure if I had any right.

He let out a breathy laugh running a hand across his jaw, "your phone stays on you."

"Yes sir." He took a step towards me, running a hand up my arm as his eyes darkened. I welcomed his touch until it moved to my hair and I had to smack his hand away. I'd discovered he had a habit of messing my hair up, especially when it was freshly done. So he was banned from touching my hair when styled. "Don't mess up my hair."

"You'll call me if you drink too much."

"Yes, sir."

He placed a hand on the side of my neck, tucking his thumb under my chin to raise my face to his. He only stared at me and I shifted my gaze ready to pull away from the heat of his gaze. His grip tightened and I froze, "if a man so much as lay a finger on you, lo ucciderò." [I'll kill him.]