[PG 5] Mass Effect: Miasma (Thyestes PT. 1)

Mass Effect: Miasma Thyestes was written to be a prologue to Mass Effect: Miasma. Only one part was written. Three total parts were conceptualized, but the last two never saw the light of day. This is part one. 

Mass Effect: Miasma Thyestes is an example of how the winning story will be formatted.

I: Thyestes

Descent ending in ten...

Vig stares into the blue visor of her environmental suit's helmet as the ship shakes and trembles under the gravitational pressure of Thyestes. The rigorous vibration smudges her reflection into an unrecognizable blur. A mockery of a Quarian face turned alien.

Descent ending in nine...

...eight

The hum of mass effect fields resonating around the ship to slow their descent fills her ears. It was loud enough to scramble every thought that crossed her mind. All words turned to mush as her eardrums shake as violently as the seat she sat on.

Descent ending in seven...

...six

...five

This mission would mark the first time she'd set foot on a planet's surface since her people's exile from Rannoch. Except this time, less Quarian blood would be shed in the name of a lost cause.

Descent ending in four...

...three

...two

Vig locks her helmet into place, permanently shading her vision with a blue hue. Her squad mates, Commander Castur, Engineer Rolla, and Arms-Specialist Tynn all tightly grip onto a series of belts wrapped around their torsos. One last shake from the temperamental dropship tosses Vig out of her seat and onto the metal floor with a dull thud, her head bouncing off the metal walkway.

...one. They were here.

"Shoulda worn your belts like I suggested. Now you're kissing the floor," said Commander Castur unbuckling his belts.

Vig stands herself back up as the rest of her team checks their suit seals for leaks. A three fingered hand belonging to Tynn shoves a rifle into her arms with little grace.

"Alright, you've all been briefed by the Admiralty Board already. We're to move into the colony, make contact, and get the hell out," Continues the Commander as he checks out Vig's suit seals. "Vig, you got an update on our electronics situation?"

Vig, still shaking off her mild concussion, detaches a small rectangular pad from the side of her hip. A screen on it's face flashes to life, displaying a series of graphs, numbers, and details about the planet, "The data pad is functional but I still can't make contact with any surface level coms. Most of the data I'm receiving is coming from the ship's exterior sensors." The data pad then !!!!!projects a hologram above it's screen displaying a three dimensional map of the planet they were currently sitting on, Thyestes. Surrounding the projection was a cloud of rotating pixels. "The dense fog we observed from orbit seems to be planet wide. I can't tell if it's a natural weather occurrence or some sort of Geth weapon we haven't seen before. Either way, it's affecting our electronics. The pad should work just fine but I can't promise it'll be reliable enough for good intel. I don't think our coms will even work properly in this mess."

"Then we'll have to stick together. Visibility would've forced us to do that anyways," spoke the Commander. "I'll do my best to get the video recording the board wants. If the interference is too much then they'll just have to suck it up."