1

Jazmine

"Can we run that back once more?" Gabby asked her record producer as we all sat in the studio.

We were listening to her record an another new song for her upcoming "Back Of My Mind" album. So far, every song she had recorded to add to it has been so good. Gabriella is such an amazing singer, songwriter, and musician. I adore her and her phenomenal talent.

As we listened to her sing her song over once more for perfection, I got an incoming call. I dug in my purse to find which phone was ringing and yes, I have two. One for personal purposes and the other for business. I found the phone that was ringing and of course, it was my business phone.

"I will be back, I have to take this." I said quietly as I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Good afternoon Eva, what can I do for you?." I spoke, putting the phone to my ear.

"Good afternoon Jazmine. I have a new case for you. I would love it if you could come in as soon as possible so we can discuss it." My boss informed me.

"Another case already?" I questioned her.

"Yes. The client's name is Megan Pete but i'm sure you know her as-" Eva started to say until I cut her off.

"Megan Thee Stallion." I sighed.

"Correct. Why do you sound so unpleased? Do I need to give this case to someone else?" Eva asked me.

"I wouldn't mind if you did." I responded in the most polite tone.

"Well that's too bad because you're the best crisis manager in our establishment."

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. The reason I don't really want to take this case isn't because of Megan. I wanted to be there for my best friend, Gabby, while she prepared to release her new album. I promised her i'd be there since I just finished a case very recently. I didn't expect to have another one this damn soon.

"I understand. I will be in around four. Is that fine with you?"

"Definitely. See you soon Jazmine." Eva said before hanging up.

I groaned inwardly as I slid my phone in my back pocket. Now I have to go in here and tell Gabby that I probably won't be able to make it to her album release party coming up in a few weeks. I know she will understand but this wouldn't be the first time I let her down because of my career.

I walked back inside the studio and sat back down in the seat that I was sitting in before I left out. She was recording one of my favorite songs, Closer To Me.

When she finished, the sound engineer worked his magic on making the song come together and he played it for us. It sounded so amazing, I instantly fell in love with how it came out.

"Jaz, what do you think?" Gabby asked me as we both bopped our heads to the beat.

"I need this downloaded on my apple music ASAP!" I told her.

"Thank you!" She grinned at me. "I can't wait for the release party. Do you already have an outfit picked out?"

"Oh.. about that." I shot her an uncomfortable smile.

"Don't tell me you can't make it Jazmine." Gabby frowned at me. I was already feeling bad, now she's making me feel even worse.

"My boss is forcing me to take on this case. Believe me, I told her that I would rather her give it away but she insisted that I handle it and you know how long these things take." I informed her, hoping she'd understand.