4

Megan

Today is officially Monday. The day I am to meet with Jazmine to discuss my case. If this wasn't to save my career, I probably wouldn't go. After finding out what the whole entire altercation between Alyssa and Pardi was about, i've been laying around in my bed.. sad as fuck.

Alyssa claims that she saw him feeling up some girl in the corner. Pardi claims that they were just talking about him producing a song for her and that he didn't touch her. Blasé, blasé. I don't know what to do or who to believe.

Honestly, I don't even think it's that deep. The only reason it got me so down is because it's like added fuel to a fire. I already go through enough as it is and people continuously just find ways to add on, especially those who I let in. I just wish I had my parents here with me. To guide me through this part of my life because it's clear to see that I don't know what the fuck i'm doing.

Lord give me a break.

I climbed out of bed using every bit of strength I had. I might as well just go ahead and get this shit over with. I climbed out of bed to get my day started.

*

Checking the time, it was 11:55am. I sat outside the coffee shop Jazmine asked to meet at. I was kind of nervous to about seeing her again. This girl literally saw me drunk out my mind and that is just not a professional look on me. My manager cancelled on me due to family issues so it's just going to be me and her.

Just suck it up, Megan. How bad could this go? I said to myself as I turned off my car engine. I grabbed my shades and slid them on my face as a disguise then reached for my purse. When I walked in the shop, I instantly spotted Jazmine. It would be hard to miss her because she literally stood out the most. As I made my way to her, I watched as she studied whatever file she had in front of her while sipping on her coffee.

"Good afternoon Ms. Sullivan." I greeted pulling out my chair in front of her.

"Oh, Good afternoon Megan." She flashed me that pretty smile of hers. "I didn't even see you come in."

"Yeah, I know. You had your head so deep in them papers in front of you." I joked as I sat down.

"It's kind of a habit now." Jazmine chuckled. "Where is your manager?"

"She couldn't make it due to family issues. So it's just you and I."

"Oh okay. I hope everything is okay with her then." Jazmine said.

I nodded my head. "I do too. So what's up for discussion today?" I asked, sitting straight up.

"Before we start, how are you doing? I know this past weekend has been a little rough for you." Hearing her ask me that just made my day a little brighter. 

"I'm hanging in there." I truthfully answered. "I've had better days."

Jazmine gave me a sympathetic look as she stared at me. I don't want her to feel bad for me because at this point in my life, i'm used to it.

"Don't feel any pity for me. I've been through worse." I laughed, trying to ease the sad energy we shared. "Let's move on though."

"Alright so over the weekend, I took the time out yesterday to investigate social media's outlook on your case. Chasity was absolutely correct, a lot of people, including celebrities are against you." Jazmine stated as she flipped through her papers.