Lost is Found: Part 8

Lucy and Peck sat down with Tim and his rookie, Kofi, for a quick bite to eat. Kofi, though technically a rookie by book standards, wasn't particularly green.

He was just a year younger than Lucy, having served in the army for several years before transferring to the LAPD. She was glad that Tim had been saddled with someone competent, she loved hearing about his "good days" with his "clever rookie" when they were at home together.

Peck and Tim remained silent through their half hour lunch, letting Kofi and Lucy chat. Lucy found he was experienced, probably moreso than her, in undercover and combat training, and made a mental note to get together to practice and discuss strategy.

By the end of the break, Lucy had newfound respect for Kofi.

Tim, on the other hand, sat shaking in laughter, one hand on Lucy's thigh, the other holding his wrap to his mouth to hide the grin from his face. He was watching Peck, who sat opposite Tim, who was watching Lucy with a wide- eyed and bushy-tailed look on his baby face. Tim thought it the funniest thing in the world. Lucy paid him no mind, instead nodding at Kofi's story about the South African grasslands he had grown up in.

At that moment, a call interrupted the vivid detailing of Kofi's wild dogs to alert them to a armed robbery in progress. His eyes snapped to Lucy.

"You coming?" He asked, rising from the table a small anticipatory smile on his face. But to his surprise, Lucy looked unsure, glancing at Peck.

"It's a bit soon for him, don't you think?" She questioned, biting the inside of her cheek.

Nodding at her uncertainty, he placed a hand on her shoulder, gently squeezing.
"You live and you learn," he advised. Lucy looked up at him and nodded, rising to stand next to him.

"Okay Peck, let them know we're coming."

-

Four cars sped on to the Boulevard in quick succession. Tim's shop, then Lucy's, then two other officers who's shops she knew of but didn't quite have a friendship with.

Sirens blarng still, Lucy leapt from her shop, gesturing for Peck to do the same. Opposite them, Kofi and Tim mirrored their movements with such accuracy Lucy could laugh. She made her way around the shop, reopening Pecks door and shutting off the siren.

"In case you need a shield from the bullets."

She grabbed his arm and pulled him close, speaking quietly. "Stay close to me, do as I do, step where I step. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

As Tim was the first officer on site, he took charge. Her and the the two other officers watched until Tim began to move, following Tim.

They crept closer and closer to the large glass doors of the jewellers.

All was quiet. That couldn't be right. They'd gotten the call just a minute ago.

Lucy peered round the edge of the glass and quickly moved away, backing up against the wall. She pulled her walkie from her belt, speaking quickly into it.

"We have a hostage situation here, send snipers and an ambulance. There are three suspects here, not one."

Pecks mouth dropped open. Kofi's brows lowered.

Time for a shoot out.

"LAPD, stand down!" Tim called as they moved in, guns raised to the the masked men. Immediately they started shooting fire blazing from the muzzles of their rifles. Their shots were uncontrolled. More dangerous. The glass of the windows exploded behind them.

Lucy dropped to the ground, pulling Peck with her. She shot once, missing the man's heart, but his shoulder was adequate. The shot served it's purpose. The man dropped to the ground, the gun clattering to the ground. Lucy crawled forward to grab it and pull it away from the writhing man on the floor.

Then she heard a shot from behind her.
Peck. Surprisingly, he shot straight and true, dropping the man in two shots.

By this point, the final masquerader had dropped his gun and his bags of treasure, and dropped to his knees, hands in the air.

Then all was quiet, bar the whimpering of the clerk, and the crunching of glass.
She nodded at Peck, letting him know he could call it in. Backup was here and waiting with an ambulance.

The two officers who had accompanied them moved in to arrest the last man kneeling on the floor.

Lucy holstered her gun, making her way over to the counter where she had seen Tim and Kofi disappear behind.

And behind the counter, Tim was propped up, dragging in shaking breaths while Kofi pushed down on Tim's leg, his dark hands black with the wet blood soaking them.

He was shot.

FIN

And I'm back! Probably not for long I'm getting back into all of this to avoid revision before I go back to school.

I got my mocks back!
999999887 and a 7 in Further Maths!
I'm quite happy with those.
I hope we all enjoyed this chapter

That's all now, au revoir❤️