Does Jake Have Rizz?

++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++

"Okay everybody we have to be on stage in 40 and we have to be ready to go in 10!" A staff member shouts so everyone can hear. I'm not even the one who has to perform or get the performers ready, yet I get nervous about the 10-minute deadline. I look at Iseul to find she is calm and scrolling on her phone passing the time.

"Iseul," I call out, tapping her shoulder gently.

"Hmm?"

"Is there anything I can do to help or...?" I trail off.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about the time, the boys know what to do," she says.

"Okay, do I have any specific job I can do when we get to the stage? Also, where are we going?" I ask a little panicked with my lack of information.

"Right, I forgot you are new, the stage is just the practice room where they will perform 'Bite Me'. You just have to watch and pretend you are paying attention."

I smile at Iseul's words a bit comforted by her laid-back behaviour. I nod back to her energetically to show I am listening.

"Yeah, you don't have to worry at all we know what to do,'' Jake says jokingly popping up from nowhere and making Iseul jump. "Right Iseul?" he says looking for praise.

"Yes, yes you all are very smart, now go stand by the door so we know you are ready," Iseul says lightly. Jake laughs a bit as he walks to the door where most of the boys are already standing, keeping his eyes on Iseul the whole time.

"Bro, Iseul, he totaly likes you."

"Shh, don't say it too loudly," she quickly says as she covers my mouth with her hand. I quickly observe her face, even though she is scolding me she has a bright look in her eyes, and her cheeks are flushed red.

"Have you guys gone out yet?" I ask more quietly.

"No, we are in the talking stage, you know how that is," she says while twirling her hair, her smile never leaving her face. I smirk at her excited to see how their relationship with grow. "Lets go over to the boys," Iseul nudges me. "It seems everyone is ready to go." I follow close behind her as she leads me to the door.

"Okay everybody, we are five minutes early. Let us head out now and get this over with," a staff member exclaims loudly enough for everyone to hear. A few staff members clap and Enhypen cheers, ready to get started. I clap along with Iseul accidentally making eye contact with Niki, his eyebrows scrunching up as I quickly rest my eyes on a different member of Enhypen. Jungwon.

I mouth 'fighting' and make a small fist. The cat-like boy smiles coyly and dips his head down not meating my eyes. I smile at his bashful behavior not thinking much of it, other than that it is cute. In the corner of my eye I can see Niki, his eyes slanted downwards and folding his arms over his chest. He wasn't directly looking at me yet he was looking near me. Wow does this guy always have a bad attitude? I think to myself a bit annoyed.

I looked back to Jungwon, wanting to say some more encouraging words but, he was gone towards the front of the group. That's weird, I didn't even hear him walk away. My thoughts are interrupted when everyone starts to excite the room. I search for Iseul, to see that she is talking and walking with you guessed it, Jake. 

Not wanting to interrupt their moment I look for my second option, Sunghoon. He might prank me but, he is still someone famillier. I won't feel alone. Searching for Sunghoon's familiar head my eyes catch a pair of sharp, dark ones. Niki stops walking, keeping pace with me. "You look like a lost puppy," his voice like velvet. I try not to think about the smoothness of his voice, I do the only thing I can think of.

"I'm not lost, I'm literally walking with a group of people," I state a bit annoyed.

"Take the compliment," Niki says chuckling a bit. He walks away shaking his head still laughing. I ignored the sound of his laugh and the fact that he laughed and joked with me. Is he indecisive? I play with the ends of my hair focusing on analyzing his behaviour. Not because I think he's cute, it's my job as a manager to make sure enhypen is mentally sane. Yes, that's the reason.

By the time we all got to the practice room or, by the time I realized we were at the practice room  I looked all around for Iseul. Not being able to find her, I look for Sunghoon as well who looks busy. Not wanting to interfere with anyone and not wanting to get in the way, I stick myself to the wall. The coldness of the rough surface grounds me.

"Everyone, get to your places we are recording in five." I watch as everyone scuttles into place, I see Iseul now, she's working hard to touch up Heeseung's makeup last minute, while scolding him for messing up her hard work. I catch Jungwon looking at me, I wave with a smile spread on my face to show I'm okay. Jungwon smiles as well and sends me a wave. In the background I see Sunghoon nudge Niki.

"Last call to get to your places."

Their performance went well, I thought I would be looking at Enhypen as a whole but, I was captivated by Niki. Much to my surprise Sunoo also caught my eye, his dancing style is too cute to look away from. I don't like the feelings I keep on having when I look at Niki. Why do I have them anyway, it's not like I like him. He treated me the first week we met. He can't win me over by being nice, that's not how I operate. Until he can apologize properly and continue to be a decent human being, I will not think of him like that.

"Have some standards (Y/N)," I say out loud to myself, solidifying my resolve.

_____________

Hi my lovely readers !    Dont forget to vote ! it helps a young author out !

Hope you enjoyed this delicious chapter! TBH I think I'm a bit lazy to change (Y/N)'s name. In future stories perhaps it will be something different.

Stay safe guys ! <3