chapter 16

*sorry for mistakes*

Kana sighed as she stared out the window, rain poured outside and left small pools of water wherever it wanted. She was so bored; school was cancelled because of the typhoon, she couldn't play outside because it was raining, and there was nothing good on TV. There was nothing to do and it was going to kill the ten-year-old mentally. She let out a raspberry from her lips and looked around the diner to see what her siblings were doing: Yuuta was asleep per usual while Hayato was sitting next to him watching everyone else, the quadruplets were messing around with the triplets, Justin was handling Melissa and Christina with a nervous smile as they caused havoc on him, Adam was currently in the employee backroom, Reika was upstairs studying, Momoi and Airi haven't shown up in a while, Kei and Minato were in their secluded corner, Harue was procrastinating on her late homework and balancing a pencil on her upper lip, and Kousuke was drawing on the window across from her in the booth seat. The pale blonde pouted and leaned her head against the window before whining out:

"Bro~ I'm so bored!"

"I'm bored too, Sis...Kaa-chan won't let us go outside or we'll get sick."

"She goes out all the time though...Especially without a jacket or umbrella!"

"I think it's because she's worried about us, Sis." Kana blinked and turned her velvet-pink eyes towards her heterochromiac brother, her expression melting into confusion. "What do you mean by that, Bro?"

"I heard from Ojii-chan the other day when he was talking to Tomo-chan: He said that we have 'weak immune systems' and that we get it from Kaa-chan. I think he also told him that our hearts are weaker than most, so Kaa-chan wants to make sure that we won't push ourselves." Kousuke finished his sentence and let out another hot breath on the window, a white spot appearing on the window as he dragged his finger along it to make a flower. Kana understood and nodded as she directed her eyes to the window once more. "That makes sense, no wonder Ojii-chan wouldn't let me join the tennis club."

"I wanted to join the soccer club, but Ojii-chan wouldn't let me either." The pale blonde twins sighed at the same time, continuing their idle acts to pass the droning minutes. The sound of the rain pelting everything became dull in their ears as their boredom took over. Kana hoped there was something at least mildly interesting going on; yeah, Momoi and Airi being gone is a little bit hair-raising, but Momoi usually is gone most of the time and will probably show up one way or another with Airi. Just as she felt her eyes going heavy, she notices something out in the pouring rain. A young, kind of ordinary-looking man with glasses running into the diner using his bag to try and protect himself from the rain. Kana heard the diner bell ring and hopped out of her seat to see the young man trying to wipe off his shoes on the doormats. The pale blonde looked around for her mother or Misa, only to find no one around. She took it upon herself to go up to the young man and formally spoke to him.

"Hello, Mister. Can I help you?"

"My car broke down and I was looking for an auto shop, do you know any that are open?"

"Dunno, but I can ask my grandpa."

"Thank you so much, sweetie." The young man smiled, a quick thought of how handsome he kind of was when through her head. Kana nodded and then went over to the cabinet where they kept the menus, she motioned the man to follow her to one of the available booth seats. "While I ask him, you can order something to eat or drink. I'll get you a towel too."

"Ah, I appreciate it!" The Kana set down the menu and let the man sit down, "Want a coffee or tea? Something hot?"

"Coffee is fine. Black."

"Alright, I'll get that out for you." Kana excused herself from the man and went to the back kitchen, Takeru was adjusting an old radio and cursing to himself because the channel was down because of the typhoon. She tugged on the old man's shirt so that he would look at her, he gave her a wrinkled smile on his sun-spotted face as he placed a hand on top of her curly hair. "Ah, Kana! What can Ojii-chan do for you?"