03.

harry and hermione look like shit.

harry's eyes are swollen and you can see it a mile away even under his glasses. he looks.. terrified to even look up, his gaze stays at his feet. hermiones arm is linked with his and she steers him in the direction of defense of the dark arts class.

and hermione is surviving off 3 hours of sleep in almost 4 days. she feels like she could collapse at any given moment. but she holds harry up and keeps walking. she will never figure out the problem with harry if she isn't fucking sleeping.

"harry, you have to stay awake in class okay? ron is going to bring you back to your guys dorm after and stay with you. i have to go to go see pomfrey okay?" she tells him and she expects him to question why on earth she'd be going to the hospital wing.

instead, he nods and goes to his seat towards ron.

she sighs and walks away from the class.

she turns the corner to the empty hallways before colliding with a chest, "woah there- ahh sweet lovely hermione granger" a voice sings and she looks up to see none other than theodore nott.

"nott, how are you?" she asks and he smiles, "i'm wonderful. where are you off to?" he asks and she sighs.

"off to see pomfrey been having.. headaches" she shrugs and he frowns. theo has always been the nicest of all the slytherins. he just lives for himself and doesn't care, which is an odd paring that him and draco are best friends.

"need an escort?" he asks and she laughs shaking her head.

"all good here, you should get to class theo" she says before walking further down the hallway away from him.

"bye granger" he says wiggling his fingers. she keeps walking down the hallway and finally reaches the hospital wing.

"name?" a small voice asks her and she sees a first year helping.

"hermione, hermione granger" she says and the younger girl looks up and smiles, "course right this way miss granger".

she follows the girl to the nearest cot and sits on it, "mrs pomfrey will be here soon" she tells her before returning back to her desk.

"oh! miss granger dear, what's going on?" mrs pomfrey says quick to hermiones side and her hand flings to her head feeling the body temperature.

"oh, you have a fever my dear here , lay on back." she says and hermione frowns, a fever?

"oh i don't.. i just am having a hard time sleeping that's all-" she says and she's cut off.

"darling you look very ill are you sure that's all?" pompfrey asks her and she nods, "how much sleep have you gotten in the past 72 hours?" she asks hermione and she sighs.

"few hours.." she says picking at the hangnail on her thumb. pomprey let's out a small gasp, "oh hermione you've made yourself ill! you have a fever you're near exhaustion- have you even ate? you're dehydrated. okay you're here with me for the next 48 hours no if ands or buts about it miss granger!" pomprey tells her before hurrying away to gather supplies.

hermione goes to tell her no! she's fine! but her body barely even lets her sit up out of the bed. now that she's here and laying down she feels the weight of every inch of her body.

mrs pomprey is back quickly sticking hermione with a needle in her arm and a bag of fluids up high on a pole and giving her something to help aid the fever away.

"here you need to eat" she hands her a warm bowl of pumpkin soup and hermione almost cries because it's her absolute favorite. "eat then i'm going to give you a potion that will make you sleep" she tells hermione and she walks away to go see another student.