Chapter 24: Meeting the Mer-pups

As the next night arrives after Codi's redemption, the Pups and Ryder remembered that a Mer-Moon was supposed to arrive at this time. Terry and the Loser's Club took notice of the pups excitement, and wondered what was going on.

Terry: Pups, what is going on?

Zuma: The Magical Mer-Moon is about to happen tonight, Dude.

Chase: And this is the time of when the Mer-pups come out to play.

Emily: We have heard about the Mer-pups. But has far as we know, they only exist in fiction and folklore.

Cubby: Do all of you expect us to believe into something that has not been proven to be true?

Chase: Hey, I was skeptical of this legend being true myself.

Marshall: But we saw the Mer-pups with our own eyes.

Rocky: We even saw their home town of Puplantis.

Owen: Hmm, I don't know, Pups.

Daronde': We also know about the legend of Puplantis, but the entire thing still sounds fishy to us. (Clears Throat) Pardon the pun.

Ryder: But you can believe me and even Capt Turbot. We went on Mer-pup adventures before, and even he and Mayor Goodway saw Puplantis themselves.

Terry: I see. Guys, do not try to believe that something in folklore would not exist in the present. Ryder and the Pups seem to be telling us the truth, so I think we should listen. Besides, if they truly did encounter Puplantis and the Mer-pups, then this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity for us as well.

Daronde': I guess you do have a point, bro.

Samuel: Terry is right. If Puplantis and the Mer-pups are true, then I can do more research.

Marshall: Also, Everest. You were not able to meet the Mer-pups before, so this is a big opportunity for you too.

Everest: Okay, babe. I can go with you.

Terry: But I do need to know though, are there any enemies that you made while you were down there?

Skye: Well, there is one.

Skye then informs Terry about Moby's case of what he wants.

Terry: I see. You know, Skye. I have found many of our enemies so far to being able to have sloppy motives that often do not have any payoff. But for Moby's case, there is something that seems to make his motivation stand out more than the others. Unlike Harold or the Copycat, who wanted to be gained with respect, Moby seems to just want peace and quiet. I think that many of us can relate to that. There are certain things that happen in our lives, but we don't always want that to happen over and over constantly. It is as if Moby does not care if he is in this case "Royalty" with the Merpups. It looks like that he just wants to live a normal pup life, but does not appreciate what he already has. It is as if he wants to be 'home alone' because he can't trust anyone in what I consider 'The Mer-pup Family." Skye, I might need you to talk to Coral, so that I can give Moby the therapy he needs.

Skye: Okay, I will let my cousin know.

Samuel: I must know though, Skye. If you can consider you and Coral as family members, then didn't you try a DNA Test to confirm it?

Skye: Come to think of it, no. We just knew the lyrics of the same song we heard at a young age.

Terry: I see. It seems like I have another investigation I need to do. Skye, did you ever ask Coral about her life before she became a Mer-pup?

Skye: No.

Terry: Got that. Samuel, we will have to collect hair samples from Skye and Coral to find out if they have some connection with each other. If we can find out if they are family, we can also find out about Skye and Coral's pasts. We know how Skye ended up encountering Ryder outside the barn on the outskirts of Adventure Bay, but we need to know what happened before she got there and see if it's connected to Coral.