05- northern attitude

A HYDRA BASE: SOMEWHERE IN SOKOVIA (FEB 2013)

"Get up Offspring." A voice Svetlana didn't recognize completely had said.

She had for sure heard it before, but not often. The voice made her uneasy immediately. She thought it was weird the voice had spoken in English, no one she knew spoke it besides her.

The voice didn't even get to finish speaking before Svetlana got up and swiftly pulled the dagger she kept at her thigh out. She turned to face the voice to be met with a face that she'd seen in her memories.

Alexander Pierce. How she had forgotten the sound of his voice Svetlana didn't know, but her blood boiled at the sight of him. He's the reason the only friends she had were dead, why she was away from her father who was now nothing more than a wispy memory in her mind, and why she was a human weapon.

"It's Svetlana." She seethed as her eyes followed the man who walked carefully to the nearest chair.

With every movement, Svetlana adjusted her angle and stance. She crossed her legs over each other as she stealthily walked to try and gain the upper-handed position on him. She still held her dragger in a ready position even though she doubted he would try and hurt her himself. He was too old and weak. Surely he would bring in others to do any dirty work he needed done because he was nothing but a coward.

"Easy kid, I'm not gonna hurt you." He assured her.

"I know you won't, you're too ancient to do anything by yourself." She clapped back at him with nothing but disdain laced in her eyes and words.

"Ouch, okay." Alexander said with a fake wince of pain.

Svetlana rolled her eyes. The now 8-year-old had matured greatly and due to the trauma of the last four years had become cold and hateful.

She had no reason to be happy after all. Her friends were dead, her father was gone, and she didn't even remember him anymore. She was just Svetlana, the girl who killed.

The year after her project was terminated she was sent to continue her training by herself without her team. She racked up a lengthy number of kills from ages 7 to now.

Without her team, she would have probably killed more than 13 people. God, she missed her team. Zerina, the girl who acted so tough but in the long run was too scared to do the vulgar tasks they were instructed to do.

Svetlana missed how she would braid her hair and calm her down when she panicked. She missed her short bob with bangs and that stupid sweater she always wore that wasn't even a sweater because it had holes. She was 11 when they met.

And Milo was the boy who was too kind for his good. It wasn't that he was scared to kill, he simply just didn't want to. He always protected her from the guards even if it meant he would get beaten in the process. He was older than Zerina by 9 months.

Svetlana never knew what was wrong with her. She didn't know that it was wrong to kill, that's all she'd ever seen her whole childhood so she never hesitated. But Zerina and Milo were sold into the program. They grew up in nice homes with friends and family. They went to school and celebrated something called birthdays.

Together they were the trio of blood. After a year of being injected with serums that made them stronger and smarter than normal kids and being trained to kill anyone who crossed them, they became an unstoppable team of assassins. A team no one would suspect because they were simply children. But everyone underestimated children.

Not only were they a team, they were a family, siblings despite the lack of blood relation. The only thing they shared was the serum running through their veins. They protected each other and held one another when they experienced side effects of the injections. Svetlana loved them almost as much as she loved her dad.