07- project interlinked

RECAP OF EVENTS UP UNTIL: DEC 2013

The silent shadow was born on the frigid night of February 21st, 2013.

Although no one knew it yet while the mission played out, Svetlana would become one of HYDRA's most valuable assets. When she woke up scared and alone in what seemed to be a base of HYDRA's, she immediately panicked.

The place she had been in wasn't her quarters at home which had three beds in the room, two of which with nothing on the thin white mattresses. It was a different room painted in an unwelcoming gray with walls littered with cracks and holes. She wore a white nightgown she didn't remember putting on and her arm ached profusely.

When she yelled no one answered or even batted an eye. The men who surrounded the room heard her screams and cries for an explanation but she was never met with one. She only received closure when she took matters into her own hands in a drastic fashion.

After Svetlana accepted no one would come and inform her where she was and for what purpose, she used her elbow to shatter a small mirror that hung on the wall. Carelessly, she picked up the largest shard of reflective glass and held it to her own throat. She did so in such a deadpanned matter her blank expression sent a chill down the spines of the guards who watched her through the one-sided window on the door. 

"Ya sdelayu eto, yesli nikto ne pridet ob'yasnyat!" She threatened with glass pushing on her carotid artery. ( I will do it if no one comes in and explains.)

In the security room, Alexander Pierce smirked at the girl's lack of fear. He didn't even need his translator to tell him what the girl wanted, he could see it in her eyes. The man found this erratic behavior all fascinating. The way the girl had changed after the death of her peers made her the perfect emotionless, fearless, and ruthless soldier they had been attempting to create for years.

HYDRA had talked about giving the Winter Soldier an apprentice for years but never had been met with much success. They needed someone who would follow The Soldier, rehabilitate him when he was down, and ultimately keep him in check, a sort of failsafe one could say. Now here she was, standing right before his eyes through a lousy computer screen as she threatened to end her life over lack of information. She would be perfect.

Alexander scoffed to himself as he got up to walk to the room the girl was held in. With young Svetlana, HYDRA could finally execute their 18-year-old plan. The only issue was the biological relation between the two beings. The girl was made specifically for leverage, she was never meant to be anything more than a mutt in a cage, but this opportunity was too perfect to pass up. She was everything they had looked for, dreamed for, and eventually tried to make, right behind the door he stood in front of. 

The girl wanted answers and an explanation, and an explanation she got.

Alexander had explained how she had returned broken and bloody to the base in Siberia only hours before and that she- per usual, recovered in record time. The Soldier was kept in a separate building from her per the protocol and for her safety but she knew her father wouldn't be sure of her, he remembered now.

She wanted to be taken to him but Alexander outright refused.

"We're working on something big, and you and your dad are going to be a part of it kid, like a team," Pierce informed her.

"A team?" Svet asked with a turn of her head to indicate she was confused.

She had a team once, he was the man that took them away from her.

Alexander shrugged his head from side to side. "Well, more like a duo." He corrected.

"With me and my papa?" She pressed.