three.

MaKhi Wright pov
Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"i'm surprised yo ass at home right now." my momma said as she slightly pushed the door open to my room.

"mmcht, what are you talking about? i'm always here." i responded looking at her with a mug on my face.

"boy that's a lie, you either with yo no good ass homeboys or that little girl you swear you're done with." she told me putting her hands on her hip knowing that she was right.

"man whatever." i chuckled as i watched her closed the door behind her. the real reason i was chilling at home was because me and kaylani are supposed to meet up at the library for our project later on today. i grabbed my phone off my dresser going back through our messages to see what time she said again. "ight 5:30, i got enough time to chill for a little."

as i was about to put my phone back down i seen a notification pop up that i got a message from jade.

jade💛:wyd? call me if you're not busy.

khi🫶🏽:ight

i clicked on her contact name facetiming her until the phone finally connected. "how you gone tell me to call you and you take forever to answer?" i asked her as i watched her prop her phone up on her vanity.

"it literally only rung once...relax love." she told me laughing a little. "what you doing?" she asked.

"shidd, i'm just chillin right now. what you on?" i asked her going into my bathroom to grab some aquaphor for my lips.

"nothing, come over then." jade said with a little excitement in her voice.

i looked down at the time seeing that it was only 4:13. "ight, but i can't stay for long i gotta go do sum later." i told walking back out the bathroom.

i should have enough time.

"okay cool, let me know when you are about to pull up." she said with a small smile showing her dimples a little.

"ight, im finna leave out." i told her before she nodded and hung up the phone.

i sighed walking over to the side of my bed to grab the materials kaylani had told me to get for the project the other day. i walked out my room seeing my momma and little brother sitting on the couch watching  Home Alone. "why y'all watching this and it's not even Christmas time yet?"

"boy you know this yo brother favorite movie and where the hell you going?" she asked pausing the moving looking at the bag in my hand then back up at me.

"i'm finna go see jade real quick then meet up with somebody to work on our project." i told her as she nodded putting her attention back on the movie.

"i told you, you ain't gone never leave that girl alone." she shook her head pulling my brother closer to her.

"i said the same thing too ma." my brother agreed  causing me to smack my teeth.

"they both just as dumb for each other." my momma said lowly to my little brother dee.

"mannn ight, i'm gone." i waved them both off walking out the front door making sure i locked it behind me.

i hopped in my car connected my phone to the apple car play scrolling through my playlist i decided to click on forever by lil baby before i sped off to jade house.

I know you miss me
Who it's gon' be if it ain't me, lil' baby?
I'm inyourcity
'Cause I needit one more time
Might lose itall, I swear
I need it tonight, ooh, ah