Enter the Digiverse

Onyx and the others watched Borg fiddle with wires and buttons, setting something up. "I think we should put the main switch over here to keep it tucked away a little. With a little ingenuity and a few more coaxial cables, we may be able to reboot the system with the Techno Blades and erase the Digital Overlord for good," he said, placing a red button on a side table. Jay cocked his head. "I thought you said we needed the stolen hard drive to do that," he said.

Borg nodded. "I did. But that was before I truly understood the entire capabilities of what Zane's powers truly allow us," he said, slipping a plug into Pixal's chest. "And what is that?" Kai asked, glancing around at the wires surrounding them. "A chance to enter remotely. By the time we figure out where Lloyd is, it'll be too late to stop the Overlord from draining his Golden Power," Borg answered. "And then he'll escape the Digiverse, and we won't have any means to stop him," Onyx realized.

The scientist nodded. "Exactly. But if we digitize the ninja and Techno Blades using my experimental technology, you could fight him on his own turf inside the Digiverse," he said. Onyx frowned. He hadn't mentioned this yet. "What do you mean inside the Digiverse?" Jay asked. Cole rolled his eyes. "Ugh, weren't you listening? He's going to put us into the video game," he sighed. Jay wiggled excitedly. "I know, heh, I just wanted to hear it again!" He said.

Pixal's brow furrowed. "But Mr. Borg, if anything were to happen to them inside the program-" she started. Borg nodded. "Of course. Every step into the unknown has its dangers," he said. "What dangers? What is she talking about?" Kai asked, alarmed. "You know how in video games you get multiple lives?" Borg asked. Jay's eyes lit up. "Yeah, woah!" He gasped. "It's not like that," Borg finished. "Oh," Jay responded. Borg laughed as the screens around the room lit up. "Presto! We're up and running!" He exclaimed.

Before anything else could happen, the elevator slid open and the citizens barged in. "Aha! You see? Borg is holding out on us. He does have power! The Postman declared, thrusting a ladle up into the air. Borg rolled his eyes. "Oh, this is no time for more post-apocalyptic role-playing, Postman," he said. "This isn't a game anymore. We heard about the Nindroid activity. What if they come back? We need power to defend ourselves. And I wanna catch up on my shows," the Postman said. Onyx stepped forward. "Hold on, that's the problem we're trying to-" The computer chose that exact moment to say, "Would you like to play a game?"

Onyx's face fell into an irritated scowl as the citizens burst into indignant shouts. "They are playing a game! Take back the power!" The Postman shouted, dashing towards the computers. Instead of actually taking anything, however, the people began to swing their scavenged weapons wildly, knocking things to the floor. "No, stop!" Cole shouted. "We're trying to help you!" Kai cried. Their shouts went unnoticed, and the people kept causing general destruction. At least, until the air charged with a tingling energy and golden motes appeared.

Onyx's eyes went wide as she recognized Lloyd's power. "Where's all the power coming from?" Nya asked. "Golden Power. It's already begun. The Overlord has started the transference. Quick, P.I.X.A.L., we must isolate our server. If he finds out our plan to use the Techno Weapons remotely, the ninja won't stand a chance," Borg said quickly. Pixal nodded. "Sir, we have an abnormal mass of power signatures," she said, pointing to a screen where red dots had appeared all around the building. Borg swore softly. "They're already here. Initiate lockdown!" He ordered. Pixal nodded and flicked a yellow switch. The building rumbled for a moment. Onyx wasn't sure what the switch had done, but she hoped it was enough.

"Be seated, ninja. There isn't much time," Borg said, pointing to the grey chairs they'd helped set up. Nya stalked over to the Postman. "Do something useful and make sure those Nindroids don't get up here. If you ever wanna see your favorite shows again, you better get downstairs now!" She ordered. The Postman nodded and led the citizens to the elevators, where they began to rambunctiously press the down button.