Chapter - 8

GIOVANNAS POV:

I felt a hard hand on my face and I realized that I had woken up from something. My eyes were still closed and I felt somebody shaking me. My hearing started to return, and I could hear someone saying my name, over, and over.
"Giovanna!" I slowly opened my eyes, everything was blurry. I looked around while things were coming back into focus. I felt the hard, cold, ground on my back and my brother was leaning over me. He slapped my face a few times before I finally was fully conscious.

"Jeez, what the fuck just happened to you?" He questioned while helping me sit up. A hurtful pounding took place in my head.

"I-what happened?" Was all I managed to get out.

"You just passed the fuck out for a good minute. Scared the living shit out of me, I thought you were dead. I almost called 911!"
He let out a panicked laugh to help lighten the situation.

"I'm sorry" I whispered barely audible to him.

"It's okay. Can you stand?" He tried to help me to my feet. I wobbled but was ultimately able to keep my balance, with a little support from my brother.

"What's going on Gi? Why'd you faint?" His eyebrows stitched together as he stared me down.

"I don't know. I think maybe because I'm dehydrated." I didn't want to tell him that I hadn't been eating, because he would tell mom. And the last thing I want, is for mom to find out.

"Okay...just don't do that again, please?"

"Mhm" I nodded. He pulled out his water bottle from his bag and gave it to me.

"Do you think we should run back, or no? I mean, do you think you can?"

I took a few sips of his water, my head was still pounding.

"I'm not sure." I told him the truth. I still felt really lightheaded and like I could drop to the floor any second.

"I'll call mom and tell her to pick us up, okay?"
He suggested the idea which I was quite fond of.

We both sat down on the side walk as he pulled out his phone and called my mom. She answered.

"Hey max what's up? Where are you?" She questioned, I could just make out her voice.

"Giovanna and I went for a run and she...well she fainted." He said slowly.

"What do you mean she fainted? Is she awake now? Is she okay? What happened?" She asked a bunch of questions and I could hear her keys jingling.

"Yeah shes okay, she was just dehydrated. Ill send you my location. Can you pick us up?"

"Yeah, I'm on my way now." She hung up and my brother put his phone down after sending her his live location.

"Don't tell anyone about this, please? Not even your friends. Got it?" I said sternly to him.

He nodded in response. After a few minutes, moms car pulled up and parked. She got out of the car and ran over to me.

"Giovanna, hunny, are you okay? Are you hurt? Did you hit your head?" She took my face in her hands and she looked panicked and distraught.

"I'm okay, really I'm fine. Max caught me before I could hit the ground." I said reassuringly.

"Oh, my poor baby." She kissed my cheek and helped me into the car. "When you get home, go straight to your bed and lay down. It's important you drink lots of water, and get plenty of rest," she pulled away after Max and I were both in the car. It was around a 5 minute drive home.