Chapter Thirteen

Arriving back to the Cullen home was something that Isabella was grateful for. To call them her new family. The arrival home had been fast, but the stress of what the halfling had experienced drained her. As she started to open the window in her room, she let the smell of the rain hit her nose. As she jumped, and landed in a tree. The one right across from her room. Without thinking, Isabella started to jump from tree to tree, feeling the wind in her hair, her heart pounding with excitement. As she spotted a deer, she jumped for it, landing on it and framing it within seconds. The darkness in her grey eyes disappeared, as she continued to drink. Her heart slowed as she pulled away and whipped her mouth with the sleeve of her black shirt, though she had accidentally got some in her hair. However, as she looked around, she hadn't heard the wolves surrounding her. Her eyes glanced around and she swallowed. The largest of the wolves was huge, quiet as a shadow, tall as a horse but more muscular. This wolf was also black. It barred its teeth, fangs large and intimidating. The second was an about 10 feet in length, had russet brown fur, dark intelligent eyes, and very swift. This one seemed to stare at her with intensity, but was a bit more relaxed. The third with silver fur and teeth barred as much as the previous. The fourth gigantic, swift, and not as tall as the black Wolf. Her eyes scanned over each one, stopping at the one having gray fur with black spots, sleeker than the other pack members and swift. As the two looked into one another's eyes, the wolf came closer to her, and she herself walked over to it. The wolves slowly backed away, only the one staying in front of her.

Hesitantly, she placed a hand on the wolves head. He leaned his head down to let her pet him. She sighed and looked up into the sky, noticing the sky had darkened slightly. Isabella looked down to him once more.

"I am sorry... I have to get home... I don't know if you can understand me... but if you can... meet me here tomorrow? I mean I doubt you can understand me..." she spoke and slowly stood up, letting a small yawn escape her lips. Using her speed she ran to the Cullen house, and went to take a shower. After getting out and getting dressed, she sat on her bed and raised an eyebrow as she looked at her pillow. A black box, with her name written on it, had been sitting there. She pulled at the towel she was wearing close, and picked up the box. It had a bit of weight to it, as she lifted it. As she slowly opened the box, her eyes widened. Inside was a necklace, and a small note.

'Welcome to the family Izzy~C' as Isabella read the note, a warm smile spread across her face, touched by the sentiment and the sense of belonging it conveyed. With a sense of acceptance and gratitude, she carefully stowed away the necklace bearing her family's crest, a tangible reminder of her past, under her pillow.

In its place, she adorned herself with the new necklace, a symbol of her newfound connection to the Cullen family, clasping it securely around her neck. With her hair cascading down from the towel and the weight of exhaustion settling upon her, Isabella sought solace under the comforting embrace of her blankets, hoping for respite from the tumultuous thoughts swirling in her mind.

However, sleep proved elusive as the memory of the enigmatic Wolfe lingered in her thoughts, stirring a restless unease within her. Tossing and turning throughout the night, her mind plagued by unanswered questions and unresolved emotions, she found herself ensnared in a web of uncertainty and doubt.

The sudden touch of a hand on her shoulder jolted Isabella awake, her heart racing as she sat up abruptly. Meeting Rose's concerned gaze, she felt a sense of relief wash over her, grateful for the comforting presence of her newfound family member in the midst of her turmoil.

As Isabella let out a small yawn, the fatigue of the restless night weighing heavily on her, she found herself drawn to Rose's comforting presence. With a sense of vulnerability and longing, she allowed herself to be enveloped in Rose's embrace, seeking solace in the maternal warmth that emanated from the older vampire.

In Rose's arms, Isabella found a sense of security and belonging that she had yearned for, a semblance of the love and care that she had only experienced fleetingly as a newborn baby. Despite the fleeting nature of that memory, it remained etched in her mind as a poignant reminder of the love she had once known, a distant echo of a time long past.

As Rose held her close, Isabella felt a glimmer of hope and reassurance amidst the uncertainty and turmoil that plagued her. In that moment, she allowed herself to bask in the comfort of Rose's embrace, grateful for the sense of belonging and acceptance that she found within the embrace of her newfound family.

As Isabella nestled closer to Rose, finding solace in her comforting embrace, she felt a sense of tranquility wash over her. With each gentle stroke of Rose's hand through her hair, a soothing sensation enveloped her, easing the tension that had gripped her throughout the night.

As her eyelids grew heavy and her breathing steadied, Isabella surrendered to the embrace of sleep, her heart gradually slowing its rhythm to a peaceful cadence. In the safety of Rose's arms, she found a sanctuary from the storm of her thoughts, drifting into a peaceful slumber guided by the gentle lullaby of her new maternal figure's touch.

In that moment of serenity, the weight of her worries and uncertainties lifted, replaced by a sense of calm and contentment. Wrapped in the warmth of Rose's embrace, Isabella surrendered to the embrace of sleep, finding respite from the trials and tribulations that had plagued her, if only for a fleeting moment.