trapped

branch's pov:

i wasn't even going to try and struggle against them. i wasn't even going to try and escape. i knew they were both 10x my size, and 10x my strength. it wasn't worth the energy.

so instead of flailing around and cursing them out, i stood still as they picked me up by the hair and dropped me in a glass bottle. this one wasn't diamond, just a plain glass bottle. i guess that's the only thing they could put me in. they just escaped jail, after all.

this time they didn't have a room to stay in, so i was curious where they'd go. that curiosity was short lived when they sat under a mountain (at least to me. to them it probably looked like a big rock.)

they'd been gossiping the whole way here but i didn't bother listening in. everything felt hopeless, so why even try?

suddenly veneer poked on the glass bottle i was in (which they had set aside while they chatted).

i stumbled over, not bothering to get back up again.

"me and my sis were wondering where this.. troll village is." he said in his typical disgusted tone.

i rolled my eyes. "why would i tell you???"

"uhm.." veneer stopped to think about it before velvet cut in.

"do i have to remind you that your life is in our hands."

i nodded my head sarcastically. "yeah, i couldn't tell. thanks for enlightening me."

velvet grabbed the bottle and shook it around angrily. i flailed around helplessly, my body jumping from one end of the bottle to the other until she finally stopped.

i whimpered, wincing in pain. my body was already aching from the many hours i had spent alone in the woods, this encounter was definitely not helping my situation.

"does veneer have to repeat himself?! where is troll village.?" velvet snarled.

"it'll take much more than that to get me to speak." i said simply while folding my arms.

velvet shook the bottle once again.

man this was going to be a long day.

clay's pov:

we were already in the forest searching for any clues to where branch may be. we hadn't found anything and we'd been searching for around 2 hours already. believe me, i want to find our brother and i'd do anything in my power to get him back, but, this was becoming a bit too much.

floyd, however, hadn't lost any hope. he was doing just as he did last night, checking every crevice a troll could fit behind. 

i was looking, but my heart wasn't really into it because this all felt kind of hopeless. we had no leads, no clues, no nothing. we were searching around the forest mindlessly. maybe if we had an actual plan before coming here we would have made more progress. but all my thoughts were cut off when i heard a scream from floyd.

"look at this!!" he exclaimed pointing to a giant imprint in the ground.

all of us ran to where floyd was to inspect what he had seen.

"look, theres more." i said pointing at some more tracks up ahead.

"it must have been a giant creature." bruce pointed out, making circular motions with his arms.

"i don't know anything that big." i muttered while shaking my head.

we all sat there silently for a bit before john spoke up.

"uhmm.. yeah we do! remember-" he cut himself off, realization striking his eyes.

"remember what!?" floyd exclaimed frantically.

the situation seemed more dire by the moment.

then bruce's eyes widened too. "it can't be.."

"WHAT IS IT!?" both me and floyd screamed at once.

"velvet and veneer. i don't know any other creature that large.." john dory whimpered hesitantly.

my eyes widened in shock. of course! why hadn't i thought about that!!

floyd shook his head, refusing to believe he was right. "but.. how? weren't they in jail??"

john dory and bruce eyed each other.

"well.."

"SPEAK UP JOHN DORY!!" clay demanded.

john sighed before answering. "it was on the news a couple days ago. they escaped jail, floyd."

i gasped. they escaped?? velvet and veneer could never. they don't have the smarts to do so!!

"then does that mean.." i began hesitantly.

bruce nodded his head slowly. "they might have branch."

thats the end for this chapter!! sorry its kinda short.