01

SUGARCOAT
chapter one.

———       «      NATTY   ..     »      ———

Natty, it’s best if you find another entertainment to debut you.”

She failed, yet again. She had already tried debuting several times, she had already participated in two survival shows. She had switched companies, risking to leave one of the biggest entertainment in the Korean Industry; the JYP Entertainment. She did a solo debut, but luck didn’t came to get her.

Now, she was being pushed to debut in a girl group.

At this point, Natty was slowly losing passion in becoming a K-pop idol as she had wished since she was 12.

“Fucking hell.”

Natty kicked the chair infront of her, covering her face as she dropped herself into her knees.

“Should i just give up?”

She questioned herself, she just left a loud club she went to. But, there were too many drunk and horny people going around the club which made her walk out. She didn’t like the smell of the alcohol inside anyway, as well as the loud sounds coming from inside.

After being offered to quit her solo debut, she had lost hope. Although they had given her a chance, considering how they planned to debut Natty along with some other girls from the new girl group called « Kiss of Life », Natty had already lost her passion in becoming an idol loved by her fans.

She couldn’t cry at the moment, but anger filled inside her. She wasn’t angry at the entertainments, staffs, or any management that handled her before—she was mad at herself, thinking she didn’t do well enough in the past 7+ years of her training.

“I want to quit.” she breathed out, taking out a vape and before she could place it on her mouth; it was snatched by a random stranger.

Natty turned her head instantly towards the random stranger that approached her, “What the hell?!” Natty shouted, glaring at the woman.

The woman chuckled, sticking her tongue out. “A pretty woman shouldn’t smoke nor vape, it would ruin your pretty face.” she teased, Natty continued glaring at her. She crossed her arms and took a step forward, moving her eyes upwards as the strange woman was a little bit taller than her.

“We’re not even close, you don’t have the right to tell me what to do.” Natty sassed, taking her vape back in the strange woman’s hands. “Woah there.. chill, pretty girl.” the woman winked and Natty rolled her eyes, finding her actions corny and cringe.

“I’m Y/N.” she introduced, “I didn’t ask for your name.” Natty responded, completely being rude to the girl infront of her—she turned her body to the opposite side, avoiding her.

Y/N frowned, “That’s not very nice, you should greet me as well.” Y/N smiled charmingly behind. Natty rolled her eyes again, “Did you say ‘hello’?” Natty questioned, turning her body back to the woman.

“No, you stole my vape suddenly and introduced yourself even when i didn’t ask for it.” Natty raised an eyebrow, “Now, tell me. What’s ‘not very nice’, huh?” Y/N shrugged her shoulders, moving her eyes to the side.

“Sorry...” Y/N apologized, “You seem pretty chill, i just wanted to be friends with you.” Y/N smiled softly.

Natty stared at her with a blank expression, “..Do you even know who i am?” Natty questioned, clenching her fists.

Y/N tilted her head, raising an eyebrow. “Uh..” Y/N shaked her head, “You’re some cool or chill woman that i just met outside the club..?” Y/N scratched the back of her neck nervously as she answered the woman’s question.

Natty widened her eyes.

I’m just a stranger, after all.

Natty chuckled softly to herself, tears forming in her eyes.

Y/N gasped, slowly widening her eyes. She instantly approached the woman, grabbing her handkerchief before offering it towards Natty.

“I’m sorry, was i being rude?” Y/N questioned, worried. She was currently panicking as the woman didn’t answer her, she continued to sob and cry out what she had been trying to express for so long.

“M.. Miss..?” Y/N hesitated to comfort her, knowing she was being a grumpy and sarcastic tiger earlier. But, Y/N pulled her into a hug. Y/N wrapped her hands all over her, gently embracing the woman while Natty clinged to her—holding into her as if she had needed that kind of comfort, even if it’s from a stranger.

———       «      Y/N   ..     »      ———

“So, that’s how you met the girl?” Belle questioned, staring at her with curious eyes. Y/N nodded her head, “Yeah..” Y/N leaned in the counter as Belle tried processing the whole story.

“Did she have long, black wavy hair and bangs?” Belle described, staring deeply into Y/N’s eyes. Y/N widened her eyes, surprised at how detailed the description was about the woman she had recently met.

Y/N nodded her head repeatedly, pointing her finger towards Belle. “Yes, her!” Y/N smiled brightly, Belle stood up from her seat in an instant and grabbed Y/N by the shoulders.

“Are you fucking insane?!” Belle was currently in a pale state, as if someone had snucked out all of her blood from her skin.

Belle smacked Y/N’s shoulders, “That was my member, it was Natty!” Belle glared. “Flirt with all those other random girls you might meet, but don’t drag my members into your shit.” Belle crossed her arms.

Y/N winced, “It was just one time and plus, it’s not like we’re going to meet again..” Belle sighed, frustrated by Y/N’s actions. “Are you not hearing yourself? Of course, you’re going to see her...” Belle grabbed a mirror, making Y/N face her own reflection.

“You’re our producer, idiot.” Belle stated, throwing the mirror to the side. “Julie is going to kill you, seriously.” Belle rubbed her temples, trying to calm herself.

“...And how come you’re not aware that Natty is going to debut with us?” Belle questioned, “It was only recent since she was persuaded by our creative director, how am i supposed to know?” Y/N said and Belle slightly thought that she did have a point.

“Even so, you should act carefully sometimes.” Belle warned, “I heard she’s not in a good state these past few days.” Belle frowned, remembering the Natty’s situation.

“Why?” Y/N questioned, looking at Belle who stood infront of her. Belle shaked her head, sighing. Belle grabbed a bread, placing it inside Y/N’s mouth to shut her up.

“You ask too much questions, i’ll get going now.” Belle grabbed her jacket, zipping it up as she walked out of the door. “Hey!” Y/N yelled, glaring at her from behind.

Belle waved her hands and Y/N took out the bread from her mouth, she moved her eyes towards the bread that was in her hands. She sighed, remembering the woman she met last night.

She knew she will meet her again.

...and that thought excited her.

SUGARCOAT — NATTY, KISS OF LIFE.
© all rights reserved.

raingelic.
(all of my works are fanfiction.)