Chapter 1

At Tori's house, on the morning of October 10th, Tori and Trina's phones rang at the same time.

"Hello? Hold on for a sec," they both said at the same time, with a groan before changing locations.

Tori moved out to the front yard while Trina moved out to the back patio.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" Tori asked keenly, the phone to her ear. "Wait, seriously?! Oh, that's so awesome. I am so in. When and where? Okay, cool! See you then. Bye."

Tori went inside and saw Trina come back in as well.

"Guess what?" they said, nearly in unison. "You go first!" they said again. They paused for a moment, then Tori stayed silent to let her sister speak first.

"Okay, get this..." Trina said with an excited squeal. "I GOT A DATE!"

"Really?" Tori asked. "Who with?"

"His name's Brad Ziefer and he's a cutie," Trina said. "So, what's your big news?"

"Well, I got an email earlier on, but that call was... " Tori began, pausing dramatically. "The confirmation for me to go to an audition for a movie!"

"Get out! That's so cool!" Trina said with a laugh.

"Okay, so, I'm gonna go prepare and go over the sheet music that they've given me. I definitely need to practice. Ahh, this is one of the greatest things to ever happen to me!" Tori squealed excitedly.

A week passed. Tori had hardly spent any time with her friends outside school, too focused on her upcoming audition and too busy practicing.

"Tori around?" Andre asked, catching up with the rest of his friends after classes.

"She went straight back home," Cat answered. "I never thought I'd say this, but she's been working really hard on the audition!"

"Yeah, it'd be huge if she gets it," Beck added.

"That is if she gets it," Jade muttered irritatedly. "But I don't see what's SO huge about it."

"Well if she does get it, we could have a celebration party," Cat suggested.

"Whenever that is, I'm sure I'd be busy," Jade retorted before walking off.

At the Asphalt Cafe after a few days, Jade sat alone at a table, tearing up some papers. Tori came inside and spotted Jade, then walked up to her.

"Hey, Jade, have you seen my..." Tori began, her hand in her hair, before actually realizing what Jade was doing. "Uh, what are you doing?"

Jade shrugged. "Just tearing some papers I found. Anyways, where have you been?" Jade asked, rolling her eyes.

"I've been busy..." Tori said before, she cut herself off. "Wait a minute, what is that you're tearing?"

She leaned in forward to examine the papers, before glaring at her supposed friend. She gasped. "Jade... are you... are you tearing my sheet music?"

"What are you talking about?" Jade asked innocently.

"I have an audition for a movie...in three days!" Tori said, her jaw dropping.

"So?" Jade asked with another shrug, still playing innocent.

"Ugh, lucky I can just print the music sheets again. They are still in my email," Tori said, gruffly, her arms crossed upon her chest.

"Well, why bother?" Jade said rolling her eyes. "It's not like you're gonna get the part anyhow."

Tori grunted, "Jade, sometimes you can be so... selfish! I have put up with your shenanigans for over a year, but THIS is the FINAL STRAW!"

"So, whatcha gonna do about it?" Jade asked, taunting Tori.

"I'm..." Tori started to speak, thinking of what she was actually going to do. What action she could take? "WELL, I DON'T KNOW. But I'LL DO SOMETHING!" she yelled before storming off.

"Yeah, well good luck in trying to find out what you'll do," Jade said with a malicious smile. "Oh, I know. Why don't you get a transfer? I'll finally have you out of the way."

Everyone in the Asphalt Cafe had been drawn into the argument, including Robbie and Rex.

"Did you hear that?" Robbie asked, wide-eyed.

"Relax, Robbie; she's probably in one of her moods. She'll get over it," Rex retorted.

"You better be right, Rex," Robbie said, as the two of them watched Tori storm out.

Once outside, Tori updated her status on TheSlap: "Jade's gone too far this time! - MOOD = Furious".